East Midlands Midlands Italia Mini Meet (Nottingham)

Currently reading:
East Midlands Midlands Italia Mini Meet (Nottingham)

Midlands Italia Mini Meet (Nottingham)
Posted by benny279
Nottingham
Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Right, the engine swap was cancelled as I found a mechanic who's worked on plenty of Punto's done loads of engine swaps on them etc etc for a good price I couldn't say no to!

So I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to it, but ah well instead of cancelling this meet all together,, we going to still go ahead with the meet so we can all get together have a natter, see my Punto MK2 all happy :D maybe go for a drive somewhere, grab a bite, then drive a bit more to somewhere local so we can take loads of photos of our FIAT's!

This will only be a small meet, the proper meet will probably no doubt be later on sometime in September or even October? (Up to you Sam "MrMurray20").

Now onto the meeting point? I suggest we meet somewhere local in Nottingham, somewhere it's easy for everyone, whilst my area would be okay but cramped on parking :(

I will look at somewhere to meet over next week, it'll give me a good enough excuse to use my car!:slayer:

Thanks and see you next Sunday!!! (y)

Re: Midlands Italia - Engine Swap

I shall have a look myself; but if anyone's got any recommendations for time-lapse apps for the iPhone, I shall bring my tripod, and see if we can record the whole thing...! :cool:

Otherwise, I shall be on hand to dispense sagely advice; take photos; read the Haynes manual, etc. -- and just, generally, act as Gandalf to your hobbits...! ;)

I shall have a look myself; but if anyone's got any recommendations for time-lapse apps for the iPhone, I shall bring my tripod, and see if we can record the whole thing...! :cool:

Otherwise, I shall be on hand to dispense sagely advice; take photos; read the Haynes manual, etc. -- and just, generally, act as Gandalf to your hobbits...! ;)

If you can do a raw footage of the whole thing, send it to me by e-mail and i'll edit it to be time-lapsed as I have Sony Vegas 11 on my Windows installation, once it's time lapsed, I'll upload it to YouTube and post it here for everyone to see! (y)

Ben

Sorry guys (n) won't be able to help you out on that day :( the first two weeks of sept are pretty much fully booked for me hence why I voted for the 21st/22nd. Take plenty of photos as I'ld love to see the finished result (y)
homeward will be taking loads! :)
Sorry, that ive had to go with early date but its cause i need the car now to get about. Hopefully you'll get to see the car at some point :)

Cheers!

Ben

How many Jaffa cakes you buying? ;)

I can bring:
Trolley jack
2 axel stands
Gazebo
2 ramps

Not really got any tools though, I tend to borrow my dads 35 year old socket sets! :ROFLMAO: don't think he'd be happy to let me take them though, sorry.

Dom

How many Jaffa cakes you buying? ;)

I can bring:
Trolley jack
2 axel stands
Gazebo
2 ramps

Not really got any tools though, I tend to borrow my dads 35 year old socket sets! :ROFLMAO: don't think he'd be happy to let me take them though, sorry.

Dom

How many? Well..........Enough! ;)

Yeah that list of things will do mate! Gazebo would be an awesome idea mate, (y)

Ben

That would make a cool video to go on FF tv! :)

If I'm off work I can come down but doesn't look likely with it being first week back of term time :( I'm surprised with how many Sundays I've had off this year though :O

Well if you can come that'd be great if not don't worry about it! You'll just have to look forward to seeing the MK2 returning on a trafford meet and the video of couse! (y)

Ben

Hi Ben,
I understand your NEED for wheels..,
I couldn't make the "most popular" 21/22 date anyway,

I have a fair few tools,
please list what you are hoping to do on the day..!,
so I know what to bring / leave at home,
Charlie

Hi Ben,
I understand your NEED for wheels..,
I couldn't make the "most popular" 21/22 date anyway,

I have a fair few tools,
please list what you are hoping to do on the day..!,
so I know what to bring / leave at home,
Charlie

What im hoping to do on the day, well as much as we can do, hopefully get old engine out and new engine in and bolted on to parts etc, even if it means i have to do all the wiring no biggy for me :)

Should be an easy job as the new engine is a full engine with everything attached, just need to switch over clutch plate, gearbox but thats easy peasy. And put in a new rocker cover gasket which again easy job.

I will be hiring out an engine crane so that makes the job easier.

Ben

Back