Message reader -help

Currently reading:
Message reader -help

Gezi

Jellytots are Vegan :)
Hi

I couldnt read 11 pages in the blue and me section...but please help.

I have imported the phonebook, I can make calls, I can kind of receive calls. Not tried more than once. However, when I get text message, nothing happens? She tells me, in a very quiet voice, no message. (I saw on another thread that I need to turn up the external volume, I'll try this later)

do i need to download something and if yes where from?

Picked the car up friday, after a few hiccups, very happy to have it.

Hi

I couldnt read 11 pages in the blue and me section...but please help.

I have imported the phonebook, I can make calls, I can kind of receive calls. Not tried more than once. However, when I get text message, nothing happens? She tells me, in a very quiet voice, no message. (I saw on another thread that I need to turn up the external volume, I'll try this later)

do i need to download something and if yes where from?

Picked the car up friday, after a few hiccups, very happy to have it.

I've learnt that theres only 1 or 2 phones that fully work with the Blue&Me system atm, think there older Sony Ericsons and they only work via fluke rather than being designed to, most other phones everything works except the message reader.

Though that said, if theres a way to make it work thats been discovered since i last looked it'd be good to know...

Took me ages to track down a phone that was 99% compatible.

My advice, check through the official Fiat list of phones and see what your phones compatibility is. Most do not support the message reader, perhaps that is the problem?

I spent ages, reading through that phone list, trying to find an online store that actually still sold some of them. But I did find one and bought the Sony Ericsson K770i, which I can say works for everything except the user ringtone.

i was dissapointed when i couldnt have my message read to me :(

sometimes it says no message, others it just goes to "folders" or tries to call someone!

If theres any updates available, i would be interested in having a try of it :)

Update:

just read my phone is compatible, for a list of compatible phones, click here: http://195.88.6.192/blue_and_me/tab_com.html

for info on updating firmware click here: http://www.fiat.co.uk/blueandme/

then go to calls & texts, then click "more info" at the bottom

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll check the list again and give that a bash. Bf told me my phone was ok, I'll have a mooch and see what happens :)

It could be quite dangerous having my texts read out, can you imagine all the possible embarrassing situations lol..even still, I'd like to know I COULD use it

EDIT: looked at the first link and BB 8900 doesn't support the message reader.
Will check out the other link tomorrow when I'm at a computer, just takes me to the mobile site at moment

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll check the list again and give that a bash. Bf told me my phone was ok, I'll have a mooch and see what happens :)

It could be quite dangerous having my texts read out, can you imagine all the possible embarrassing situations lol..even still, I'd like to know I COULD use it

EDIT: looked at the first link and BB 8900 doesn't support the message reader.
Will check out the other link tomorrow when I'm at a computer, just takes me to the mobile site at moment

With a forum banner like that i can imagine, maybe it's for the best that it doesnt work... can just imagine taking my mum to the supermarket one day and having a dodgey text read out (y)

Lol I keep meaning to change it but never get around to it.

The possibilities/opportunities for nightmare situations are endless :)

lol (y) is the banner you? seems like a random thing to advertise if not :p

Its not me no, I'm on another website, I was however, planning to become a gods girl as well so thats why I used one of their banners. Decided not to in the end but I think the girls are gorgeous and the site seems to be ran really well. I have friends that shoot for gods girls so decided to keep it there :)

Suicide girls are hot, but as an organisation they are *******. The contract is quite literally pages and pages and pages long. It basically says they own you and if they decide you haven't submitted enough shoots in your term of contract, they can hold you in it until they think you have...also, during this time, you are forbidden to work for/promote any other site/organisation they see as competition

Its not me no, I'm on another website, I was however, planning to become a gods girl as well so thats why I used one of their banners. Decided not to in the end but I think the girls are gorgeous and the site seems to be ran really well. I have friends that shoot for gods girls so decided to keep it there :)

Suicide girls are hot, but as an organisation they are *******. The contract is quite literally pages and pages and pages long. It basically says they own you and if they decide you haven't submitted enough shoots in your term of contract, they can hold you in it until they think you have...also, during this time, you are forbidden to work for/promote any other site/organisation they see as competition

Most of the girls look good, cant say im into the bald ones though! :(
suicide girls as a name strike me as abit emo/self harming so i avoid em lol, if there contract sucks aswell not much point :)

godsgirls all the way! - though, i dont like to pay for my material *cough*

its only the contract for the girls that chose to work for them.

I have a free log in for suicide girls as I applied but then backed out when I saw the contract.

Punkgrl is another, I have a free log in for there too.

I wouldnt pay to see any of it.

LOL no, I dont like the bald ones either :p

the way facebook and myspace is going, soon you wont need these websites :devil:

its only the contract for the girls that chose to work for them.

I have a free log in for suicide girls as I applied but then backed out when I saw the contract.

Punkgrl is another, I have a free log in for there too.

I wouldnt pay to see any of it.

LOL no, I dont like the bald ones either :p

the way facebook and myspace is going, soon you wont need these websites :devil:

Not heard of punkgrl, wow, a naughty place ive not discovered yet! lol, i shall have to do some err research :)
Though thats too true, gota love facebook! :devil:

back to the message reader now :devil:

i updated this morning and it still doesnt seem to work, although it says my phone supports the message reader!

the way the book reads you would just expect it to work. I give up :p

Back