MES Language translation

Currently reading:
MES Language translation

Did not know where to put this so

I am getting MES info (screen shots and .csv files) in different languages. Typicaly European eg Polish, German, Hungarian.
I am a mere English speaker (lapsed Cymraeg).
Is there an easy way to convert to english eg some lookup tables of MES parameters?
Ps using MES 4.7R

Are you using a paid for registered version or a hacked version? Some hacked versions can use different languages.

The default language for MES is English. MES ships with other language files but if you look some of these are still in English. Translations for these are provided by users who care to do so.
Corse its paid for.
Yes i can see that the original user has the option to use a variety of languages for Use and Data.
ive had to do the long hand google translate which isnt always you know

Corse its paid for.
Yes i can see that the original user has the option to use a variety of languages for Use and Data.
ive had to do the long hand google translate which isnt always you know
Re: my hacked comment question was because some people have tried hacked versions to see if MES does what they want (MES does not have a trial version as far as I recall) and if it does they then buy a license which is good.

So in the Settings (F9) you have English for the Language?

When you say "screen shots" are you referring to screen captures you have taken or the actual program screen panels.

What you can try is running the install program again. This has a "Repair" option. It could be that the registry entries are screwed up / damaged. This should not affect the software/hardware registration data but you may want to make a copy of this info if you do not have a record of it when you installed the program.

@s130
From the beginning
I am trying to read screenshots sometimes even photographs of other peoples results.
i am also given csv files generated by other people sometime in a language other than english.
I have no problems with mine.
I have tried to import and change language but not successfully
Google translate sometimes give results that doesnt acorrelate .
I have also noticed that sources other than generated by me sometimes have different unit calibrations, ie i have to devide by 1000 or even 10000 to get sensible results eg ambient temperature 20000 degrees C
I analyse the data in a spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Sorry, I understand now.

All MES messages are numbered.

e.g.

In French Language File for MES

1045=Si votre véhicule est équipé d'un connecteur à 3 broches alors connecter l’adaptateur 3 broches uniquement!

In the English file

1045=If your vehicle has a 3-pin connector then connect a 3-pin adapter only!

So, tedious I know, if you can recognise the language you can open the language .txt file in an editor, search for the language string, grab the message number (e.g. 1045) then edit the English.txt file, search on 1045 to get the English version.

I can't recall if MES for some messages (in any language) gives the message number which would make things easier :)

Back