Mercedes E200 ... driving test fail?

Currently reading:
Mercedes E200 ... driving test fail?

I had to drive my boss's Merc E200 today.
The "handbrake" is actually a 4th foot pedal on the far left which you push down with your left foot to engage it. You release it with a lever on the right hand side of the dash.
The problem is that when you stop you have to put it in neutral (it's a manual) then take your foot off the clutch, then press the "handbrake".
If you took your test in this car you would fail because you're supposed to put the handbrake on before you select neutral.
I don't suppose anyone would take their test in a Merc because the insurance would be astronomical, but they might, and anyway, it's the principal of it.

Has anyone taken their test in a Mercedes :shrug: ?

my mums lexus has a small pedal on the left for the handbreak.... funniest thing is mum set of down our drive with it on the other day.... we got in the car in an in depth discussion and completely forgot about it :D

All mercs are like that as are the VW phaeton, some older rolls royces and lexus vehicles - i believe its aimed at the american market tbh.

(y) correct :D although why you would want to design a car targeted for the States I dont know...

And here in Oz at least, you wouldnt be able to take the test in that car, as a brake needs to be accessible to the person in the passengers seat.

(y) correct :D although why you would want to design a car targeted for the States I dont know...

And here in Oz at least, you wouldnt be able to take the test in that car, as a brake needs to be accessible to the person in the passengers seat.

so you'd fail your test in Oz too, Mercedes obviously think that no one is ever going to take a driving test in one of their cars...in Australia and the UK at least anyway.

I suppose it's pretty unlikely.

2CV's have a bit of a weird handbrake too, but at least you do operate it with your hand.

Back