How do you drive a dualogic?

Currently reading:
How do you drive a dualogic?

Susielou

This may sound like a reeeeally stupid question.. but.. How do you drive a dualogic? I've always drove a manual but a car i've got my eye on is a dualogic. I know it doesnt come with a clutch so how would you not roll backwards on a hill etc? :confused:

Are they any good? This is a 1.2 if that makes any difference

Thanks!

This may sound like a reeeeally stupid question.. but.. How do you drive a dualogic? I've always drove a manual but a car i've got my eye on is a dualogic. I know it doesnt come with a clutch so how would you not roll backwards on a hill etc? :confused:

Are they any good? This is a 1.2 if that makes any difference

Thanks!

Hi, :)
they basically depress their own clutch as you stop.. so it'll roll just like any manual..:eek:

it's a balance of revs and handbrake like any other car.. but without the worry of the clutch pedal too;)

they are o.k. to drive.. but DO have added complexity ., so I'd rather buy a manual unless you NEED to go clutch free

over say 100 ,000 miles it'll need more servicing time..

BUT if you are hopeless with clutch control you could save @£2000 in the clutches you've not ruined..
( My late Grandads record was 260 miles on a clutch kit ( FIAT 124 )

Charlie

Last edited:
Hi' A working Dualogic is a dream to drive. It's like an automatic without 'creep' , and you can over-ride it ,to change up or down a gear when it's in 'auto' . Mind you; it changes back after 10 or so seconds if it thinks you've got it wrong. You can also use it as a clutchless manual , and there again, if it thinks you've got it wrong it will over-ride you. I've been driving them for 12 years now so have had good and bad ones. When they are good they are really good , but get a bad one and they are terrible... and expensive , and nobody in the Fiat network seems to know how they work. They drop the engine revs when they change up and rev up when they change down . Magic.
BUT if you are buying second hand be very aware. They can be very expensive to fix , as garages will only change components , i.e. HP pump and reservoir, or whole actuator or ECU. Make sure you have a cast iron warranty, and look through the Forum to see the trouble that owners have before commiting. I suppose that basically you have to balance how good they can be against what they might cost if problematic.

Back