General Marea Poly Headlight Glass

Currently reading:
General Marea Poly Headlight Glass

Hello people
has anyone tried to remove the headlight glass off...cause everytime i put my lights on, inside the glass its bloody dirty, even some green is showing up.

is there anyway to remove it, i had a look my self and i couldnt find a way...and i dont fancy damaging my lights either.

Are you thinking of painting the mask inside :D

Its very tedious to do, start at the top of the lamp, you have to go round carefully with a heat gun, pry the lens and scrape out what you can of the sealant. Work your way round till its all gone. Dont pry too hard or the lens will break. Its a long process, book a day off for it!!

you could also put the whole lamp unit into a warm (e.g. 50 deg) oven for a few minutes, remove and pry the glass away from the housing. do this over a sheet of newspaper as there will be long strings of glue when you pull them apart. make sure none of the glue gets on the internal surfaces.. wait until glue cools and hardens again before doing anything. I would actually leave the sealant on the glass and housing (remove any long "strings"), and clamp the housing and glass together when finished and pop them into the oven for a few minutes again. then remove and push together firmly and let unit cool off again.

nothing as satisfying as sparkly clean lenses !

Back