General Marea aftermarket radio

Currently reading:
General Marea aftermarket radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

lukish

So I'm thinking of replacing the ageing stock Grundig radio with with a Pioneer MVH-280DAB (or similar model).

I haven't bought the new radio yet though, because I've noticed that the connectors for the original Grundig radio look very different for those needed by the new Pioneer.

I'm attaching a photo showing the back of the Grundig I've taken out, and the back of the Pioneer (plus a diagram taken from the manual of the Pioneer).

Does anybody know what to do please?

Attachments

• grundig_marea_fiat_back.jpg
    grundig_marea_fiat_back.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 43
  • pioneer_mvh_280dab.jpg
    pioneer_mvh_280dab.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 30
  • pioneer_mvh_280dab.png
    pioneer_mvh_280dab.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 30
The image with pioneer logo has the leads to plug ISO connectors on top of the headunit.
Only the uppermost connections are left out (vehicle speed volume adjust, steeringwheel remote, cd changer and telephone mute).

Thanks Neverth! So if I understood you correctly:

1) I will be able to plug two out of the three ISO connectors that the stock Grundig radio has - specifically, the two lowest ones;

2) the only one I will be unable to use will be the third ISO connector, i.e. the uppermost one. That means that I will lose the following functionalities: vehicle speed volume adjust, steeringwheel remote, cd changer and telephone mute.

Just as an update, I've done more research online, and found that you can buy what are known as "steering wheel stalk adaptors" to allow old fiat to be upgraded to aftermarket HU (e.g. Pioneer, Sony, etc). One item I think would fit my bill is "Autoleads PC9-828" (for Pioneer: if you want to upgrade to another brand, e.g. Sony, Autoleads also has the relevant adaptors), which can be found by googling around at £9.99.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back