General Marea 2001 Speakers

Currently reading:
General Marea 2001 Speakers

renken

Guys may I know which type of speaker is used in Marea. I am planning to change my speaker the audio does not sound good on both speakers.

Simply open 2 bottles of wine and cut each plug in half and then you can use them as washer between speaker and car door - i did it with speakers of 16.5cm.

Putting a cork in between the door and the speaker means you loose low tones at all due to a phenomenon called feedback.

Once you buy 16,5 cm speakers, the best way is to buy proper wooden spacers or make your own ones. The're made of 18mm wood panel.

Then you'd need to dampen the door. Here's a photostory:
http://www.powe.pl/brava.html

Plastic spacers are OK but not stiff enough if you are aiming at some proper sound.

they are elongated circles 5 inches by 7. :)

Top Mount Depth: 2-1/8 Inches
Bottom Mount Depth: 2 7/16 Inches
Sensitivity: 91 dB
RMS Power Range : 2-35 Watts
Peak Power Handling: 140 Watts
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Frequency response: 35-30000 Hz
Design: 2 Way
Woofer Composition: Pearl mica
Tweeter Composition: PEI
Diameter: 5x7 Inch

Features
2-way 5"x7"/6"x8" speakers
pearl mica injection-molded poly woofer with urethane surround
1-3/16" PEI balanced dome tweeter
Recommended power range: 2-35 watts RMS
140 watts peak power handling
Frequency response: 35-30,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 91 dB
Depth: 2-1/8"

Do u think this speaker will fit. Here are the specification of the speaker. Please help me out with my Marea. I find it so difficult searching for parts or compatible parts of my Marea here in Dubai.

Attachments

• kenwood kfc-5708c.jpg
    kenwood kfc-5708c.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 15
The OEM speakers are very slim with a puny magnet. You may find that the Kenwood speakers are more substantial and therefore a bit of a tight fit.

I fitted JL Audio 5x7 speakers in the doors of my Marea and, even using a spacer, I had to cut away a fair amount of metal for them to fit.

Back