General MAP sensor

Currently reading:
General MAP sensor

I don’t know why cleaning/replacing the MAP sensor isn’t considered a service requirement. Only 56k but I suspect a lot of short journeys and I’ve posted original sensor and new. This blocked it can hardly have been working, hopefully that’s stopped at error codes 🤞🏻I could have cleaned it and tried to reuse but as I’d already bought a new one it seemed sensible to fit it.
Ninky feels like it’s had a heart valve replacement! It now pulls much better and definitely feels like there’s a more power… well a little bit perhaps 🤣

Attachments

• 65B35F66-6951-4E60-A0CF-F3084768BF59.jpeg
    65B35F66-6951-4E60-A0CF-F3084768BF59.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 232
  • F98D896C-247C-470F-A8C0-B6768023C830.jpeg
    F98D896C-247C-470F-A8C0-B6768023C830.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Tend not to require any maintenance on the petrol engines as long as the rest of the system is working correct

Not had the diesel so can’t say if the normally for the MAP to get blocked. We don’t get many on here although other parts of the system regularly get blocked or seized

Tend not to require any maintenance on the petrol engines as long as the rest of the system is working correct

Not had the diesel so can’t say if the normally for the MAP to get blocked. We don’t get many on here although other parts of the system regularly get blocked or seized
I’d seen a post on FB where i think a Dobolo had had the same issue/codes and they had a similar looking sensor, so thought I’d check. Definitely worth doing. I’m just trying to stop myself thinking about the potential state of the EGR! I also noted that the MAF O ring didn't look particularly great so I’ll replace that in the near future too, I’ll have to learn to stop looking for things!

The inlet manifold on mine is a horrible mess of soot. I've not yet got to the MAP sensor but expect it to be as black as everything else.

Thought everything was going spot on until Mrs Beee came home on Christmas Eve with the EML on again 🤦🏼‍♂️ reporting “it ran out of puff on a roundabout… just driving normally”

Waited until the in-laws turned up on Boxing Day to check the error and the scan showed a P0238 code, so thought I’d better check the turbo valve actuator again (not sure if that’s the correct term) as i knew the vacuum pipe was unblocked already. I’d done this a few months ago and it had been ok, moving normally & driving OK, however this time the engine wouldn't go above 2,800 rpm without throwing the error and going into limp home mode. Anyway it was definitely stuck, so WD40 on the pivots while I went for a coffee and mince pie, then a few good pushes with a very large & strong flat blade screwdriver and it was opening & springing back again.

Anyway, today Mrs Beee went to the supermarket… (we clearly had run out of something “essential” other than cheese as we’ve enough of that to last until summer🤦🏼‍♂️) and she reports “it revs to over 4,500 when i pull away now”. I’m sure if Mrs Beee drives it more often it should never stick closed again 🤣

I’d seen a post on FB where i think a Dobolo had had the same issue/codes and they had a similar looking sensor, so thought I’d check. Definitely worth doing. I’m just trying to stop myself thinking about the potential state of the EGR! I also noted that the MAF O ring didn't look particularly great so I’ll replace that in the near future too, I’ll have to learn to stop looking for things!
Middle period doblo’s and egr problems seem to be the norm, even wehn bypassed/blocked off, they just seem to move the problem elsewhere and it’s always a sooting up issue…
I’m beginning to think it’s the period wehn the diesel was ‘reconstituted’ as we had very similar issues with the boat (has a modern marinised daewoo industrial engine). As we have moorings and servicing agreements (now friends) with the various boatyards round here, all reported issues with both engines and diesel heaters (were now not allowed to use red diesel) and we all have to service them more often

Check out the soot situation on my Multijet. Here -

The exhaust manifold literally has five ports to the cylinder head. The leg to the EGR has a more direct route than the inlet to the turbo. Sooner or later, soot gets built up at the inlet manifold. After a while, the air restriction increases soot generation and very quickly you'll have a smokey car.

Back