Technical Many fault codes and no cranking

Currently reading:
Technical Many fault codes and no cranking

Jakewright29

Hey guys hope someone can help. On the way home last night I came around a corner and hit a 2 foot deep flood (no warning signs) at 60mph.at first the car was OK, but 5 miles down the road it lost power and I was stuck in limp mode. I pulled over and I had a fault code P0697 sensor c circuit open. I reset the fault codes and it ran fine.

10 miles later I got home, turned engine off and the fog lights came on. I checked fault codes again and I had 6 more fault codes U1706, P0110 intake air temp sensor, P0087 fuel rail pressure low (twice), P0401 egr insufficient flow.

I went back out this morning to look at it properly but now it won't even crank over and there's a ticking noise that sounds like injectors running with engine off

I know this sounds a bit obvious but it sounds like water has got in somewhere and your battery is now flat as a result of current being drawn by something. Suspicious that the fog lights came on all by themselves? Without being able to hear it, I suspect your "ticking" sound may very well be relays and/or starter solenoid trying to set and then falling out again due to lack of current.

I'd be very tempted to dry it all out - wife's hair dryer helps here, but don't electrocute yourself if it's raining! - Do you have a garage or somewhere undercover? and put the battery onto a charger. Then try again with the battery fully charged and see what happens. If you want something to keep busy with while the battery is charging you could start pulling connectors apart and drying out any wet ones. A wee dod of electrolytic grease on reassembly is always good.

I've checked the fuze box and it's dry, when it happened I noticed the ecu on the drivers side of the engine was very wet, I've taken that off and left it near a radiator to dry. My first thought for the ticking noise was starter motor but it's coming from on top of the engine. Are there any other ecu's under the bonnet? I can only find the one. I'll get the battery off and check the starter motor later

I've checked the fuze box and it's dry, when it happened I noticed the ecu on the drivers side of the engine was very wet, I've taken that off and left it near a radiator to dry. My first thought for the ticking noise was starter motor but it's coming from on top of the engine. Are there any other ecu's under the bonnet? I can only find the one. I'll get the battery off and check the starter motor later

Did you lift the fusebox.. or just remove the plastic cover?

Grandes are bad for wet fuseboxes :eek:

Back