making my ice install better looking

Currently reading:
making my ice install better looking

right im very impressed with my ice install (sound wise) but i dont like how it is looks wise, the amps look too busy and its just looks crap imo.

S7000483.jpg

any ideas how i can make it look better? i want to keep the sub box, no fibreglass installs etc, just basic which i can make with some wood and a jigsaw very easily and basic.

i was thinking of putting wood at the back of the boot and putting one amp on the back of the seats and one on the floor, but any other ideas? im pretty stuck....... and as i said.. BASIC! lol :)

Attaching some mdf on the back of the seat, covering it with carpet and attaching the amps?

Attaching some mdf on the back of the seat, covering it with carpet and attaching the amps?

well yeah thats what i was thinking, mdf on back of seats, cover with carpet, put the alpine amp (grey one) on the back of seat and the jbl amp in the middle next to the sub box, but not sure if it will get too hot? it gets quite hot laying flat.

Build a false floor - you can have the amps on show if you want or you can hide them totally, depending on what takes your fancy.

Build a false floor - you can have the amps on show if you want or you can hide them totally, depending on what takes your fancy.

Yeah fasle floors give you a lot of scope to do something different and maybe even give you some boot space if you want it.

If you build a false floor won't that mean they are enclosed? Surely this can't be good for the amps cooling system.

IMHO it would look cool if you screwed some MDF on the back of the seat to mount one amp and made a little inclined ramp thingy that slopes the opposite way to the seat and screwed the other one into there.

Couldn't describe it clear enough so I drew you a nice picture lol :
sub plan.JPG

I think that would look cool:cool:

If you build a false floor won't that mean they are enclosed? Surely this can't be good for the amps cooling system.

IMHO it would look cool if you screwed some MDF on the back of the seat to mount one amp and made a little inclined ramp thingy that slopes the opposite way to the seat and screwed the other one into there.

Couldn't describe it clear enough so I drew you a nice picture lol :
View attachment 32328

I think that would look cool:cool:

that would be good but i dont think theres enough room height wise.

If you need more height you just make the slope less steep. The smaller the incline the lower down the seat the ramp will join. I'm thinking of doing it when I get my components cos currently I have my amp screwed into my sub enclosure and although I have had no problems off vibrations yet I think its only a matter of time...

That looks Very good!!
I think i need to tidy mine up sooner or later, it looks messy as hell! but i have a 15" inphase, 10" splX, 2 amps and a **** loada wires so i cant think what to do with it!

Back