Technical Main fiat dealers

Currently reading:
Technical Main fiat dealers

CaradoSteve

Good evening,can anyone confirm if I can have my motorhome fiat ducato serviced elsewhere than the main dealer.Thanks Steve.

Good evening,can anyone confirm if I can have my motorhome fiat ducato serviced elsewhere than the main dealer.Thanks Steve.
For Warranty compliance..

Technically you just need a VAT registered garage with Genuine Parts

BUT, for big warranty claims.. Being a valued customer can go a long way with a FIAT dealer

BUT, for big warranty claims.. Being a valued customer can go a long way with a FIAT dealer
Also there are too many big warranty claims just out of date to need good will from Fiat. especially motor homes. If you havent got your van yet or less than 2 weeks concider the fiat extended warranty.

Warranty work is not popular with dealers because the rate Fiat pay is lower than they charge retail customers, and they have the bother and risk of getting it from Fiat.
So heaven help you if you break down a long way away from the dealer who sold it.
When I had a faulty soot sensor the only one who would take it was the supplying dealer. Even then they tried to fob me off - asked if there wasn't a dealer nearer to me. I replied they never asked that when I wanted to buy a new van! Then they said there is no service record. I replied I serviced it myself and, in any case, the soot sensor is not a service item. So it makes no difference whether it has been serviced or not. Which they accepted, and replaced it under warranty (after a 2 week wait for an appointment for a one hour job)

Warranty work is not popular with dealers because the rate Fiat pay is lower than they charge retail customers, and they have the bother and risk of getting it from Fiat.
So heaven help you if you break down a long way away from the dealer who sold it.
When I had a faulty soot sensor the only one who would take it was the supplying dealer. Even then they tried to fob me off - asked if there wasn't a dealer nearer to me. I replied they never asked that when I wanted to buy a new van! Then they said there is no service record. I replied I serviced it myself and, in any case, the soot sensor is not a service item. So it makes no difference whether it has been serviced or not. Which they accepted, and replaced it under warranty (after a 2 week wait for an appointment for a one hour job)
From some close dealing with our local dealer, Im not sure Fiat pay anything apart from the man ufacturing cost of the parts. No wonder noone wants to deal with them.

Back