General M-Jet / T-Jet argument thread !!

Currently reading:
General M-Jet / T-Jet argument thread !!

Both bog standard...unless T J Vickers remap their test drive cars! lol....

Gave both plenty of beans, same route...In the short time I was in them didn't notice a much difference.

Lol, i assumed so. You never know though, they could be trying to impress people with the M-Jet, although in saying that why would they want to risk taking sales away from the T-Jet.

Rich

out of the showroom their is nowt different in performance:confused: none that's noticeable anyway.the ace up the sleeve is the m-jet power upgrade.which is the winner for me,apart from more mpg the noise from the diesel engine is the sacrifice you make.120 bhp doesnt make the t-jet a rival to are mapped m-jet.power upgrade for a m-jet is just a other optional extra no owner should be without.all t-jet owners on this forum know this and carry a chip on them very shoulders:bang:rest my case ma lord:D

Putting my grandad slippers on its still the M-Jet for me, I really love the lazy low down pull you get. I found that really relaxing to drive. That said I have not driven the T-Jet, its sounds fun but my grandad slippers wants that economy even at the expense of the diesel engine sounds. (y)

I like my T-Jet - if I wanted fuel economy I would have bought a hairdryer on wheels. And I love the raw sound of the T-Jet engine, but if I wanted to sound like a knackered taxi I would have bought...

...oh yeah, an M-Jet :devil:

[time to duck]:p

Well the bad news for you is, not only do you have crap fuel economy but you own a 1.4 so you have hairdryer on wheels as well! :devil:

A 1.4 is a hair dryer? PMSL, the 1.0 12v on a corsa is a hairdryer even sounds like one. The 1.4 16v Super FIRE is one of the best <2.0L Petrol engines ever made IMO. I'd love to have the patience to do a Supercharger conversion 160-210bhp, 200kg lighter than a GPS and then see who's boss good bye Mjet, good bye Tjet eat my toyo smoke haha. But that would just be showing off like comparing the size of our dongs.

This thread is so dumb its like comparing chalk and cheese. THe mjet is as good as the tjet and vice versa but at different things. There both brilliant engines.

Last edited:
Well the bad news for you is, not only do you have crap fuel economy but you own a 1.4 so you have hairdryer on wheels as well! :devil:

May well only be a 1.4 but it will still keep up with a 1.9 M-Jet (factory standard), i think its a good thing that its only a 1.4 because when all my mates ask what engine it is, i tell them its a 1.4 and they all start laughing until i make them look like fools down the dual carriageway, then i tell them its a turbo. They soon shut up. (y)

I'd love to have the patience to do a Supercharger conversion 160-210bhp, 200kg lighter than a GPS and then see who's boss good bye Mjet, good bye Tjet eat my toyo smoke haha. But that would just be showing off like comparing the size of our dongs.

And untill that day, keep dreaming! :devil:

This thread is for a laugh! I know the t-jet is good, but i got 61.3mpg on a 50 mile journey yesterday, try that in a t-jet. But i will admit, my car sounds like a tractor and i hate that about it, at least the t-jet probably sounds good! However the advantages stop there!!!:slayer:

:ROFLMAO: i can see this thread going on and on forever, what you have said above tommy is it all summed (apart from the "however the advantages stop there!!!") and i totally agree. A T-Jet will never get over 40mpg so that is a disadvantage but why go through life worrying about a number, i don't, i drive how i want too without worrying about mpg, its there to be enjoyed. (y)

Last edited:
Back