General M-Jet / T-Jet argument thread !!

Currently reading:
General M-Jet / T-Jet argument thread !!

t jet all the way! when fast cars are made they are always petrol e.g scoobys evos porches. petrol cars rule i would never drive a diesel they sound like a tank lol!

Both the Tjet and Mjet are not fast cars despite what anybody on here thinks.

They are good cars that provide reasonable performance and miles per gallon. However, performance cars they are not.

A 58 plate T-jet according to his other posts.

But he is right it isn't a performance car. It's a car with good performance vs running costs.

My coupe would woop both T-jet and M-Jet running half boost but as a result gets me 20-25mpg on average and ridiculous servicing and parts costs.

Mines more than ample for me thanks saltwound;)

Strangely enough you don't have down as to what you drive?:rolleyes:

I drive a Tjet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging the car off at all. Its perfectly useable for what I want it for; general driving around with the occasional bit of a hoon.

I love my Tjet but it is a FWD hatchback mainly designed for the shopping run, not a Porsche.

However, I do genuinely think it is the best looking car in its class and the performance is more than adequate for a car of its size. Insurance is really good on it too for the performance you get.

The only things that I'm slightly disappointed with so far is the road noise, particularly from the rear and the mpg, which I struggle to get 35pmg when driving like an old lady. Its nearer to 32mpg on a normal run. I suppose a lot of that is thanks to the weight of the car though due to all of the safety equipment.

Would I recommend a Tjet to anybody else? Of course, they are great little cars! Stylish, fairly economical and cheap to insure.

Regarding Mjet vs Tjet. I would have thought that if you do a lot of motorway miles get an Mjet, if its mostly city driving that you do, a Tjet would probably suit you better.

Both engines are designed for different types of use.

Agreed but people tend forget that the sportings are a hot hatch for people who can't afford the likes of bmws and the high end of the Market! They should be looking at more realistic comparisants, and before any one mentions corsa Vxr, or renault clio cup, they should be looking at Abarth ss territory!!

Back