Technical luvduvs' first service

Currently reading:
Technical luvduvs' first service

Left the car at the dealer's for three days and just picked it up; here's the latest update:

Reverse light delayed/not coming on
Caused by a faulty switch on the gearbox. Replaced. Will take some time to see if its fixed it.

Wheel alignment out/pulling to the left/steering wheel not returning to center position
Still not fixed after their third attempt.

Not only that but whoever worked on it left grubby dirt marks inside the car.

Ok I know I'm never going to go back to this dealer because I've had enough. But I want to leave my mark by complaining to their service manager, which I've emailed recently because of the two failed attempts. I also want to cc any other Fiat people (which can be outside of Oz) who might take notice of these complaints.

Does anyone have any useful email addresses?

Gimme a day or so mate and I will see what I have, I did e-mail the then new boss, got a reply from his P.A. saying I could contact her with any issues if I had them.

Good Luck Cobber.

Thanks Ffoxy :)

On second thoughts, would it be better if I first email the service manager (only) to let him know its three times since my car's back for the same problem, and see how he responds?

Edit: Then if I'm unhappy with his response, I'll close the email chain off and cc others on it?

Last edited:
Thanks Ffoxy :)

On second thoughts, would it be better if I first email the service manager (only) to let him know its three times since my car's back for the same problem, and see how he responds?

Edit: Then if I'm unhappy with his response, I'll close the email chain off and cc others on it?

I think that wopuld be more than fair luvduvs. (y)

Ok just sent this:

Hi xxxx,

I just got my car back yesterday and the wheel alignment, for the third time, still has not been fixed.

What do you suggest I do?

Best regards,
Kevin

i would tell them what YOU want them to do rather then ask what you think you should do. Like....

Dear xxxx,

My car was returned to me yesterday after having the wheel alignment checked. After checking the car, the alignment is still not correct. This is the third time I have had the car looked at and the issue has still not been fixed.

I would like you to book the car in again to have the issue looked at. I hope you understand my frustration with this and act accordingly (or words to that effect, whatever you want him to do)

Best regards,
Kevin

i would tell them what YOU want them to do rather then ask what you think you should do. Like....

Dear xxxx,

My car was returned to me yesterday after having the wheel alignment checked. After checking the car, the alignment is still not correct. This is the third time I have had the car looked at and the issue has still not been fixed.

I would like you to book the car in again to have the issue looked at. I hope you understand my frustration with this and act accordingly (or words to that effect, whatever you want him to do)

Best regards,
Kevin

Mate, do you really think I would go back to them for the fourth time unless he says something spectacular? (I've literally lost count the number of times I had to go back because they didn't do their job properly)

I'm sure both him and myself (and others on FF!) are sick and tired of reading long complaining emails, so I kept it short/straight to the point and as open-ended as possible.

I want to know from his POV what he can offer me.

What I want should be pretty obvious to them - have the problem fixed with the minimal amount hassle to the customer/time wasted, especially if it is a non-warranty item that I paid for.

If they don't understand what I want then they shouldn't be in customer service.

Bear in mind I have a lot more better things to do; if they did their job right in the first place then I wouldn't have to keep going back. Its not a question of a mere AUD60 - its a matter of principle - I've paid for a service, and I haven't received what I paid for. From a customer's POV, I should have the right to kick up a fuss, right?

Here's his response:

Hi Kevin,

I was assured the car was good to go!

It you are still not happy ,then I suggest we book the car in on a while you wait booking.

We will recheck and readjust and then test the car with you until you are 100% happy with the wheel alignment.

My work shop is open from 08.00 -16.00 mon- fri.

We will make the booking around you.

Just give me a call or send me an email.

Regards

xxxx

Thoughts anyone? (Geez this is turning into another epic :rolleyes:)

Go for it luvduvs and see if they will set up a visit from a FIAT Engineer at the same time? Jeez the trouble you had I think you have legendary patience!

Silly of me to ask but did you get any response at all from FIAT Head Office?

Yes they did respond to my complaints, though I can't remember what they said cos it was such bull$hit!

Well, I stood my ground and went back for a fourth time. As I must have said before, it was a question of principle, not money.

Went for a road test with the workshop controller, showed him how it was veering to the left + steering wheel not returning to middle position after a left turn. So he took it back in, I waited, then he came out and road tested again together. This time he drove, and said yes the wheel alignment was out (therefore I wasn't crazy or imagining things :rolleyes:). He said it was the absolute best he could do - anymore twiddling with it and it'll start chewing up the tyres.

What could I have said to someone that just said "its the best I could do!"? So I drove off, and lo and behold - its still not returning to the middle position + veering to the left (albeit has improved a little).

Would I ever go back to that dealer again?

:chin:

NO! :mad:

Last edited:
Back