Technical lumpy hesitant engine.

Currently reading:
Technical lumpy hesitant engine.

frustrated man

Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me, I own a 2001 mk2 punto 1.2 8v that has developed a problem with the engine what iv done to it iv no idea but here goes.

I bought new ht leads as I broke one while performing a compression test, the car was running fine at this point, while I had the breather off I decided to check all the connections and clean the throttle body with some carb cleaner, all seemed fine, car started first turn as usual and idled lovely.

The car then was left for a few hours while I was at work, after work I jumped in again started sweet, however 1/2 mile down the road she felt jumpy and started to idle lumpy at the traffic lights.

Stuck her on the computer and the pre cat lambda sensor was sitting at 0v, no check light on or code logged, so the next day I swapped the two sensors as I believe they are the same, so basically the swap jus confirmed it wasn't a wire broke as on a re-check the post cat now showed 0v and the pre cat one is what I think is working but not sure, voltage goes from 0v at idle to around 1v anyways car is still the same, do you think its because of the sensor fail or something else. this is the sensor graph at idle. Oh forgot, it runs a bit better when in closed loop as in operating temp, its had new plugs, oil, temp sensor, filters, ht leads ect.
2evbwht.png

Last edited:
Back