General Luiigi The 2nd Arrives In The UK.

Currently reading:
General Luiigi The 2nd Arrives In The UK.

I'VE GOT IT
The bonnet needs a little work as there are some sanding marks (about 40mm dia, very faint) for some reason (looks like they have flatted out a small run, just needs a final polish), also one on the R/H rear 1/4 panel.

No paint correction carried out today though as my main priority was get a couple layers of Zaino on him for the winter. If I find time I'll polish the marks out over the weekend.

No sooner had I finished sealing the paint the rain started so no chance of pics at the moment as he's locked away in the grage nice & warm.

Last edited:
Got a couple of rubbish pics of him in bed.

IMG_2597.jpg

The tread plate, the old car had the sill plates on the metal sill, the garage ordered the wrong bits, but to be honest I prefer these ones.
IMG_2594.jpg

And finally, THOSE WHEELS(y)
IMG_2593.jpg

You got the best wheels for sure, and they are really easy to clean too.

I thought that as I was cleaning them when I got the car home & washed it, they are much easier than my old 433's.

Cars looking ultra shiny

You ain't seen nothing yet, wait until I've given it a proper machine polish with some finishing compound. You'll need these:cool:

still not seen the Jive blue in the flesh:)
You will next Sunday

Mark, be careful with those wheels, Barry and my wife have had minor accidents with them, hope yours are luckier.

I am looking at some 16" Multispokes on ebay with tyres, 800miles only, so far £150 but it means going to Coventry to collect them so still mulling it over.

I've just been out getting some UV protectant on the interior plastics.

Thought whilst I was out there I ought to pop some wax on the coloured part of the dash, then thought to myself as I wiped the 4th layer of wax off, " AM I MAD? I'm using £100 a pot wax, ON THE DASHBOARD"

sounds like you've answered your own question there :devil:

It looks great Mark, I now feel terribly guilty that Ive left my new baby out on the drive all night in the rain without lavishing any attention on it at all! Well I have started reading the blue and me book... :D Must admit, when I took the pooches out to get their bums down last thing, looking at her little face made me smile! Can you recommend anything to apply to the alloys to protect them a bit? sorry I know its slightly :Offtopic: but you seem to know about these things!

Back