Styling lowering my punto hgt..

Currently reading:
Styling lowering my punto hgt..

vip25

hi ther i am new to this forum and need a little help please... i have a punto hgt and and dont no much about the car but one thing i do no is i have seen alot of these car lowered on her and look really nice. so i was wondering if some body on here could help me out......right first thing is will a set of 17inc alloys fit on with out rubing. also how low can i go with 17inc wheels on and wot are the best springs to use...meny thanks with all the help any body can give me....cheers thanks...;)........if you have any pics of your hgt lowered will be great...

Last edited:
With 17's you can go 50/50, but you'll need 205/40 tyres (even then I had a touch of scrubbage on full lock).

vip25...

right you say i can go 50/50. so im guessing that meen 50mm springs on the back and 50mm springs on the front am i right here. also i see some one said about 110mm i dont get wot that meen.......:D..........oh sorry for got to say will going 50/50 can i still have passenages.

Last edited:
vip25...

hi again...i have just been and looked at some springs for my car but like i said in my first post im new to all this but would like my hgt lowered.. o.k iv got 17inc alloys and some body on here has said i can go 50/50 but going 50/50 will i get any rubing at the rear with peaple in the back..plus am i right that i can just buy the spring and replace them with my old ones.....please help out guys really wont to get the springs and get my car lowered you lot no how it is.........:bang:

Wheel width
Tyre size
Wheel offset

Need to know these things.

vip25...

but that dont answer my question....:eek:.......

vip25...

sorry..all i no is thay are 17inc 205 40 some think like that. like said im new to all this....hope that help in any way mate cheers..:eek:...

Doesn't help.

Offset will be stamped on the wheel somewhere and be a number between 35 and 42. May say ET35 or similar, or just have a number.

vip25..

hi i ordered a set of 50mm pi springs for my hgt the other day from ebay and come yesterday. can some one just comfirm the 50mm pi springs be o.k for my car cheers.......thanks...(y)

Re: vip25..

hi i ordered a set of 50mm pi springs for my hgt the other day from ebay and come yesterday. can some one just comfirm the 50mm pi springs be o.k for my car cheers.......thanks...(y)

You need to answer the offset and wheel width question. We can't help until you do.

vip25...

o.k. can i put the 50mm pi springs on with the standed punto wheels on wot come with the car cheers...

Last edited:
Re: vip25...

o.k. can i put the 50mm pi springs on with the standed punto wheels on wot come with the car cheers...

Yes the springs should be fine with the standard wheels.

To find out if they work alright with the other wheels we need the wheel width, tyre size and wheel offset as stated.
The offset will be written/stamped on the wheels,
the tyre size will be written on the tyre.
Use this to tell us the wheel width http://www.raceandroad.com/wheelsizes.asp

Once you have worked it out the answer will be simple.

What is stopping you? :p

Re: vip25...

hi mate i've lowered mine 50mm with shortened front shocks still with standard 15" wheels, i'm going for 195/40/17 tyres on 17 wheels can't be arsed with spacers lol

vip25...

well going to stick with the 15inc alloy as thay are the ones the come with my car but i will just but a better set. but when i put the 50mm pi springs will i be left with a big gap in the arch..also please can some peaple put some photos of wot ther car lowered 50mm with 15inc as i would like to see wot it will look like.....cheers guys for being a pain in the ass.......(y)

Back