Styling Lowering my Mk2 punto by 35mm

Currently reading:
Styling Lowering my Mk2 punto by 35mm

Ebay search "punto coilover" shows suspension sets with adjustable ride height from about £200 up to £700. Clearly the £200 AK stuff is less good but for an 8V they will be fine and you can adjust the ride height to get exactly the right balance between ride height and comfort.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=punto+coilover&_sacat=See-All-Categories

You could just fit new springs but the shock absorbers will still be old and shorter springs are often much harder than standard. Coupled with the shorter travel the ride quality can suffer badly. Worst of all you have to guess what drop to choose.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I like the look of coilovers, because of the price of them, my insurance company wouldnt want to insure me on them, the dont mind just springs because of the price difference.:bang: so have you any recomendations on just springs? i dont want to lower it loads, just think it looks so high atm.

Coilovers improve the handling so any sensible insurer should be happy. Lowering springs give a harsh ride.

TBH leave it standard until you can get a sensible insurer.

Im putting my new suspension kit on this week sometime maybe sunday i think it is 30mm all round so i will be doing before and after pictures but if it lowers my car by loads i will be taking it all off and selling it and putting the original suspension back on..

There's mine lowered between 30-40mm (not sure which, may be 35)

Koni springs, fronts are a pain but rear ones take 10 min to replace.

Attachments

• Photo0172.jpg
    Photo0172.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 187
how much was your kit mate? and was that off ebay ?

Bredsticz, thats what i want mine to look like, i only want a subtle drop, and nothing too noticeable (too attract unwanted police attention)..
Are yours springs bredsticz ?

how much was your kit mate? and was that off ebay ?

Bredsticz, thats what i want mine to look like, i only want a subtle drop, and nothing too noticeable (too attract unwanted police attention)..
Are yours springs bredsticz ?

I bought them with shocks on eBay for £30.
But they are Koni and a light blue colour so you should be able to find them with a search

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Its a risky option as you wont be able to properly test the damping. Brand new AK coilovers are only £200 (on ebay) for all 4 corners - springs & shocks with adjustable ride height.

Save up and in the long run it will cost less than bodging the job with used stuff thats most likely dodgy.

To those with insurance issues - If they wont accept coilovers that improve the car road holding they will deffo not accept lower springs that spoil the road holding. AND, if the car had been bought with AKs and the owner had not been told how would he know they were non standard. They dont exactly advertise their presence e.g. like boy racers exhausts.

Last edited:
Back