Bravo lowering advice

Currently reading:
Bravo lowering advice

kwest65

Hi I've recently bought a 1.9 120t 8 valve multijet bravo which has 17 inch wheels and 45 profile tyre. The car looks nice but needs lowered, as I'm a bit clueless I was wondering if I could get advice on lowering springs and if there would be anything else I would need. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
When you lower a car sometimes you need to put spacers on to bring the wheels out a bit wider to fill in the huge wheelarch gaps, and also make sure there is no rubbing when the wheels are turned and the car goes over a big bump.

I bought a brand new set of FK coilovers which I never got round to putting on the car which is now sold. Private message me if you want to buy them.

When you lower a car sometimes you need to put spacers on to bring the wheels out a bit wider to fill in the huge wheelarch gaps, and also make sure there is no rubbing when the wheels are turned and the car goes over a big bump.

I bought a brand new set of FK coilovers which I never got round to putting on the car which is now sold. Private message me if you want to buy them.

Don't do that, he's got petrol springs, top mounts are different ;)

In reply to your question, lower away, unless you get really low you won't have issues. But always uprate shocks as well, as shorter springs need shorter dampers :)

Thanks, I didn't actually know the diesel and petrol setups were different. I'll make sure not to mis-sell them now.

In reply to your question, lower away, unless you get really low you won't have issues. But always uprate shocks as well, as shorter springs need shorter dampers :)

cant wait to see how low that Skoda can go :p ... new job means I might be getting one sooner than later, will have irish plates though :D

Back