Newb seeking Doblo Cargo turbo advice...

Currently reading:
Newb seeking Doblo Cargo turbo advice...

Cooljules

Hi all đź‘‹

Newbie here, new to Fiats and to the forum.

I've recently bought a 2006 Doblo Cargo (223) 1.9jtdm which I'm very pleased with, but which seems to have an air leak somewhere. Symptoms are: sudden appearance of a load "whooshing" sound which kicks in at almost exactly 3000rpm in each gear when under load and disappears when you back off. Doesn't appear when revved in neutral/stationary.

I'm guessing this must be a leak in one of the turbo hoses (but please correct me if not). Has anyone else had to deal with this problem on this model? Any pointers on which hose is the most likely suspect/to check first, the best way to get access to it etc. or any other tips please?

Many thanks in advance (y)!

Jules

Hi all đź‘‹

Newbie here, new to Fiats and to the forum.

I've recently bought a 2006 Doblo Cargo (223) 1.9jtdm which I'm very pleased with, but which seems to have an air leak somewhere. Symptoms are: sudden appearance of a load "whooshing" sound which kicks in at almost exactly 3000rpm in each gear when under load and disappears when you back off. Doesn't appear when revved in neutral/stationary.

I'm guessing this must be a leak in one of the turbo hoses (but please correct me if not). Has anyone else had to deal with this problem on this model? Any pointers on which hose is the most likely suspect/to check first, the best way to get access to it etc. or any other tips please?

Many thanks in advance (y)!

Jules
Sounds like a turbo hose/intercooler leak when at max pressure.
There are proprietary tools to locate leaks such as smoke machines and means of pressurising parts of the inlet.
You may be able to spray washing up liquid solution and see if bubbles appear?
Hard to achieve max pressure stationary by revving with no load on system.

Sounds like a turbo hose/intercooler leak when at max pressure.
There are proprietary tools to locate leaks such as smoke machines and means of pressurising parts of the inlet.
You may be able to spray washing up liquid solution and see if bubbles appear?
Hard to achieve max pressure stationary by revving with no load on system.
Thanks Mike.

It seems like going in from underneath is the best way, so it's undertray off at the weekend and get stuck in with the spray bottle as you suggest!

I'll report back here when/if resolved...

Thanks Mike.

It seems like going in from underneath is the best way, so it's undertray off at the weekend and get stuck in with the spray bottle as you suggest!

I'll report back here when/if resolved...
Certainly worth a try, short burst of high revs with a warm engine much as they do at MOT testing stations during emission tests may show it up, if you feel the engine is "sound" enough to stand it, your liability of course;).

Certainly worth a try, short burst of high revs with a warm engine much as they do at MOT testing stations during emission tests may show it up, if you feel the engine is "sound" enough to stand it, your liability of course;).
Cheers Mike (y)

Back