Panda Lower wishbone arms - 100hp

Currently reading:
Panda Lower wishbone arms - 100hp

Hi. Yeah, can relate to a lot of what's been said. The ball joints both sides were by far the worst bit. I watched some YouTube vids, predominately rednecks in the states, working on freeing ball joints on slightly more rugged/agricultural vehicles than the 100. Lots of jacking up the axles before, quick releasing the jack to try and break the pin free. One of many tips I didn't try, but looked to work quite well, was using the pointed end of a pick axe tapped into the gap between the steering knuckle? And lower arm. Just the right size, and the widening taper would force the pin out quite effectively. I replaced the pinch bolts - pricey though! Silicone grease, which I had in the garage, was vital to have any chance of sliding the bushes in. A trickier job than I had bargained for, but a combination of your tips/advice, and the motivation of knowing it had to be finished for it's MOT retest the next day, finally got me through. Thanks?

couple of whacks with a bolster chisel and a club hammer in the slit is all thats needed.

its easy with the droplink disconnected.

Its a fight if you don't disconnect them and also a fight getting them back in

I have done it without because the droplink wasnt in stock and the car was needed in a few hours

around the 2 minute mark. I use a large length of wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s-m8tjmuNM

I have an old flat screwdriver that pretty much only gets used for wedging pinched stuff like these ball joint pins. However, if it's coming apart for replacement, a ball joint fork (£6 on eBay) will do the job. But that's still works better if you open the clamping slot just a fraction.

Geomet plated 10.9 high tensile bolts are reasonable money on eBay.

Last edited:
Back