Technical Low Voltage Charging

Currently reading:
Technical Low Voltage Charging

Pandas

Hello.
I would like some help with the following problem please. All of a sudden the start stop doesn't work and I have changed the dynamo new battery but measuring its voltage in motion it is constantly at 12 volts and sometimes it reaches 12.6 volts and very soon back to 12 volts. I have been to the dealership here in Greece and to two authorized technicians but none of them could fix it for me.
Thanks

Hello.
I would like some help with the following problem please. All of a sudden the start stop doesn't work and I have changed the dynamo new battery but measuring its voltage in motion it is constantly at 12 volts and sometimes it reaches 12.6 volts and very soon back to 12 volts. I have been to the dealership here in Greece and to two authorized technicians but none of them could fix it for me.
Thanks
I am guessing, but assuming the correct battery and alternator for a Stop/Start vehicle were fitted and hopefully the correct installation instructions were followed the only thing I would suggest is to get either the MES diagnostic program and leads that many on Forum recommend or a Snap On Diagnostic tool at a garage to run the "proxi alignment" program to confirm your BCM and ECU computers can see the new battery and alternator and "talk" to them.

I am guessing, but assuming the correct battery and alternator for a Stop/Start vehicle were fitted and hopefully the correct installation instructions were followed the only thing I would suggest is to get either the MES diagnostic program and leads that many on Forum recommend or a Snap On Diagnostic tool at a garage to run the "proxi alignment" program to confirm your BCM and ECU computers can see the new battery and alternator and "talk" to them.
Thanks for the answer but today when the technician did a "proxy alignment" everything was correct. But I don't know when changing the dynamo and the battery if he made the adjustments he needed. Can we see it somewhere if he did it right?

Only by reading any error codes stored on the cars computer.
It's not so much adjusting as getting the computer to see the new parts to communicate with them.
Some Forum members have had problems with earth straps etc.preventing Stop Start and causing other issues , you may want to research them.

Only by reading any error codes stored on the cars computer.
It's not so much adjusting as getting the computer to see the new parts to communicate with them.
Some Forum members have had problems with earth straps etc.preventing Stop Start and causing other issues , you may want to research them.
If I bought the multecuscan I could see some old errors?
I'm asking because I can't find a solution.

You would need the full version of MES plus the correct leads to suit your vehicle.
You may not see old codes if your technician deleted them, only current ones.
Are you happy the alternator fitted was in good working order, was it supplied and fitted by you or the garage?
If by you can you go to your supplier and get him to test it?
You may need to go to a good auto electrician to locate the fault if nothing else shows.

You would need the full version of MES plus the correct leads to suit your vehicle.
You may not see old codes if your technician deleted them, only current ones.
Are you happy the alternator fitted was in good working order, was it supplied and fitted by you or the garage?
If by you can you go to your supplier and get him to test it?
You may need to go to a good auto electrician to locate the fault if nothing else shows.

Thank you very much again for your time.We changed the old alternator for the problem I describe with a new denso one but it didn't change anything. Later after a year a new bosch battery that I had changed at the same time also failed. I have actually been to several electricians with no solution. My last he charged €50 to do the "proxy alignment". I honestly believe that here I have a better chance of finding a solution.

Thank you very much again for your time.We changed the old alternator for the problem I describe with a new denso one but it didn't change anything. Later after a year a new bosch battery that I had changed at the same time also failed. I have actually been to several electricians with no solution. My last he charged €50 to do the "proxy alignment". I honestly believe that here I have a better chance of finding a solution.
If you have a Windows laptop computer and with the correct leads you should be able to do that sort of thing yourself.
Go to the MES section of Forum to get best advice on what you need and how to test.
I would expect alternator to charge around 14 volts with headlights on.
Check all wiring is good.

Back