Technical Low pressure fuel issue? replace sender unit?

Currently reading:
Technical Low pressure fuel issue? replace sender unit?

ToreV

I think i may have been chasing down the wrong path with my engine stalls. I am starting to suspect its not electrical in nature.

The problem is getting worse, and its especially bad when its cold.

This is whats makes me suspect the low pressure fuel supply:
- Now also the fuel gauge always shows empty
- Stalling occur only at idle or low rev, for example comping into a sharp turn or when stopping at red light. Or accelerating from very low rev, and then sometimes it suddenly "picks up"
- Also sometimes in a roundabout acceleration stalls

- Turning off and run ignition a few time to "prime the pump" seems to solve it temporarily
- Once I'm up in speed and revs its fine. I assume this would be the high pressure pump managing to draw what it needs?

There is no error-codes whatsoever, but today it actually ended up in what i suspect is limp mode. (But also no error codes.) It wouldn't rev above 3K, and stalled at idle easily. But after i turned it off for a few minutes it seems fine again and i could rev it up as normal.

It also seem to run very well for the first few minutes, then after a while the stalling starts again. And after a few min stop and ignition prime it starts up fine again.

Considering the fuel gauge also now is dead, should i just have the sender unit replaced?

Back