Technical Low Oil Pressure

Currently reading:
Technical Low Oil Pressure

abra25

Hello fellas. When i turn the key quickly without waiting for check to finish i get low oil pressure warning. But if i turn the key half way, wait for check to finish it shows no warning. Is it normal or should i be concerned about it? Thank you.

I'm not sure quite how those work but it might be worth tracking down the oil pressure sensor and giving the connections a good clean (both on the sensor and the connector block spade fittings).

I'm guessing that the quick startup doesn't give the sensor time to send back a reading, which might be causing the error message, whereas performing the check might give the "brains" a few goes at getting a response back from the sender.

It doesn't sound like you have genuine low oil pressure if waiting a few seconds before starting the car prevents the error... but check the oil anyway. Fill it to around 80% of the distance between MIN-MAX.

Ralf S.

My car's service is due so i'm gonna order new genuine sensor and replace it when changing oil and do what you suggested clean contants. Thank you for your input again Ralf

Back