Technical Low air quantity? 110hp JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Low air quantity? 110hp JTD

fraguzz

hi

have just bought a 423.000km 110hp JTD marea weekend.

and it sounds healthy and everything after i changed the turbo..

when i got it the turbo was toast so i changed that and it worked. but i noticed that i had like a drop in performance at around 2700rpm.. (i dont know if its low on power all the way i have never driven one before) but it drops at around 2700 and it pulls i think normal after 3000rpm.

i checked with fiat ecu scan.

and sure enough it has a 0.3bars of boost drop at 2700rpm it spikes at 1,1bars of boost and is swaying like a wave at full throtle...

then i checked my MAF sensor .. normal temps.. 21C

But then i logged the:
air quantity
air quantity commanded

and the air quantity it asked for was around 1800 and the quantity it got(messured) was max 1200..
tryed to clean it.. no difference.. changed the airfilter no difference..

looked up commanded boost pressure vs boost pressure measured.. it was waving but some times when it was boosting the 1,1bars it was like (1800/1200)

it does have some kind of boost problem low down at low acc. in 2 gear it like flutters...

have heard about something about the solornoid valve controlling the pressure to the acuvator.

oh and the map says 1030 so i dont think its that.. cleaned that to..

Tried disconnecting the sensor electrics and driving without it?
Also, have you considered the EGR valve being at fault?
The fiatboo site has couple of guides for cleaning it.
It has quite a lot of life behind and you never know whats been done to it, but the JTD is good lump.

new ebay MAF installed! no change in the messurements.. but what a different car to drive.. some differences..

before: half throttle felt like it was the point were it pulled best.. further would not give any more maby even less.

now: it feels like it has a 0-100% (like it should) on the throttle!

-----------

before: it kind of looses it power between gears.. like you start all over with power in every gear!

now: it rushes away from 1gear and every time i change it like pushes the car forwared like there was power lurking to be unleashed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

but the waveing boost pressure is still there.. will try to block off egr and maby pull that solornoid of and try to clean it. first boost drop is 2700rpm and just before you can feel the power peak and then drop.

well on with the next problem..

the turbo seems to flutter at some load %..
around 1/2 throttle it comes like wush, wush, wush.. i have changed the turbo when i got the car.. so i dont know if it did it before.. the old turbo was realy wasted! oil in intercooler and MEGA play in the axel!

i can se the turbo actuvator moving when reving the engine.. so either its a faulty ajustment of the arm... or maby a faulty solornoid boost valve.. any way to check this?

Back