General looking to buy gt

Currently reading:
General looking to buy gt

hemingway

hello,Maybe looking at buying a punto gt.Can anybody shed some light about them.Insurance,reliability etc.Maybe moving away from honda to looking at these.Like the look but dont no what drive is like etc.thanks

Got 6years no claims but got 6points age 33.Just looking to come down in engine wise.How much should i be looking to pay and wot mileage should i be looking for and looking out for i.e rust etc.

they dont half look and feel dated, especially on the inside, now.

not 100% reliable; the engine is a very old design as well.

If you can find a nice one, then fair play. They can look fantastic with the abarth kit :yum:

insurance on them for me isn't that much, certainly a lot cheaper than the teapot.
Had the 1.4 in my old tipo (non turbo:() Excellent engine it loved to rev and sounded pretty good too, certainly more lively than most, but not smooth in anyway which was a good thing in some ways for enjoyment but not for longer journeys, but that was on a carb.
finding one thats not been abused may prove difficult. it tends to attract the wrong people due to it's size etc.

Not sounding to promising then.Would be my daily driver.That is what i was thinking(trying to find 1 that has nt been abused to much).But what turbod car hasnt been abused these days.just gunna have to look dam hard for 1 that hasnt been abused.Wish mi luck.lol

for the same money, you could buy a coupe :confused: obviusly not as good nick, but £1500 will buy you a nice un these days...

i would love one of these.. but with 1ys nbc insurance is way to much...:bang: maybe in the future..:yum:

insurance wont be a problem for hemmingway ;)

i still dont know how i managed to talk myself out of buying one, i had my mind set on it :eek:

i dont know what it is about them but i just love the looks of them.. plus the power is a nice bonus... :D

if i had 6ys nbc i would have one so next week if a could...:eek:

I own a punto gt (gt2) fast and fun to drive handles like crap unless u have the susspension lowered, insurance aint bad but their a bit of a money pit... but this is out done by the preformance and fun factor:slayer:

insurance group 14.
if its been serviced regular then should be ok.
as they are getting on now just check floor for rust.
the cars dont rust much really but floor can.
when u start it oil pessure gauge should go to max when driving down to about 3/4
look for smoke on & off boost.
just drive 1. u will know str8 away if theres something wrong.
just check what you would on any car.

Back