General Looking for suggestions..!

Currently reading:
General Looking for suggestions..!

JodieClements

Hello! I have a Fiat Panda 4x4 2008 with a knackered throttle body :( (potentially knackered throttle too. Had a previous fault diagnosed but now gone somehow). When pressing the throttle you get zero or intermittent revs. Upon inspection the teeth on the main cog inside seemed to have worn away (see photo). A carbon fiber small parts manufacturer for planes and fast cars made me a new piece and it worked fine for a few days. But it's back in the garage and the mechanics can't seem to solve the issue (teeth are still intact but no revs again, and fault code for throttle body only).
A new throttle body for this model seem few and far between! Fiat even confirmed that themselves, saying this particular throttle body wasn't made for long... There could be a couple in Italy, that won't ship to UK. And I swear I've called every scrap yard in a 30 mile radius so far and still can't find one.
What would you guys do? It works fine other than this issue! Should I scrap it? :( Doesn't any one else here need parts for one of these? I'm not sure what to do with it now, but need a working car on account of becoming a first time mummy!
Hope you can help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-091236.png
    Screenshot_20220818-091236.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The diesel has a flap valve to prevent the engine running on due to an injection or oil problem. It should be open or closed. can a "normal" Panda diesel valve do the job?

Sorry, can't help, but I'm confused - do 4WD cars have a different induction system to FWD? Or is it just something about the 2008 model year?

Would it be worth searching 'Panda breaking' on eBay, find one from the same year and engine (presumably 1.3 MultiJet diesel), and asking the vendor for a price for the throttle body?

I don't know. Maybe it won't help, but you could ask the vendor if you can return it if it's not the right part?

Here's a 2008 MJ: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363864094079?hash=item54b7fd757f:g:jvwAAOSwkidingTU&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoPAFRVGXEhfKu3/RWYxTEy96pcqtRVs+V496tQC0I1jvrLCS5RQKck8r4rbJfgCzlCw84lsj/T4SzV+M0Z4i1meUzH8j44V9FUzSbXRRIoyi8bfg9fQ/FQuAkVFFULDcJWpMumpx7G/lHobRYciXdQweuYRf4UDjQJWgKbrLOPbL3JInLQproWFMfo0QMKS34NccwZsH3yYS53U5+r0z11E=|tkp:Bk9SR7KCwcbaYA

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Sorry, can't help, but I'm confused - do 4WD cars have a different induction system to FWD?
Yes
Maybe

Some certainly have a different electrical connector to the other panda 1.3D

But I very much doubt it was just built for the 4x4. Year possibly

Our eper doesn’t list any throttle bodies that I can find

With the original part number normally written on the part it we should be able to cross reference it with 500, punto and so fourth but as it is we have very little to go on

Back