General Looking for carburettor help

Currently reading:
General Looking for carburettor help

razorgazes

Hi, my newly purchased (from a really unscrupulous vendor) cinquecento has a dodgy carburettor. Does anyone know where I can source a carburettor and repair kit?

It's the thing with the black cap on it - it's a 0.9. I don't know much about cars sadly. My mechanic referred to it as a carburettor which is fed by injection. He might have been trying to simplify things for me.

It's the thing with the black cap on it - it's a 0.9. I don't know much about cars sadly. My mechanic referred to it as a carburettor which is fed by injection. He might have been trying to simplify things for me.
My thought is that your mechanic does not know the difference. Calling the throttle body a carburettor, to someone who may not know what a carburettor is, is not simplifying anything.
Let's start from the beginning, with a fault description, not a crap diagnosis. "Dodgy carburettor" does not tell us anything. Tell us what the problem is, and let others chip in with their knowledge and experience.

OK, so what happens is, when the car turns on it runs for about 15 mins, smells a lot of fuel then shudders to a stop if the revs aren't high enough

The mechanic thinks that there might be a pinhole in the accelerator pump diaphragm, and he thinks that someone has tried (and failed) to change it since one of the screws is broken. He can't source any parts (we are in the very far north of Scotland)

OK, so what happens is, when the car turns on it runs for about 15 mins, smells a lot of fuel then shudders to a stop if the revs aren't high enough

The mechanic thinks that there might be a pinhole in the accelerator pump diaphragm, and he thinks that someone has tried (and failed) to change it since one of the screws is broken. He can't source any parts (we are in the very far north of Scotland)
Can you post a picture of the unit?

It should be a single fuel injection throttlebody.
They don't have an "accelerator pump", but a carburettor (which you shouldn't have) would do.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back