Look what I've just bought!

Currently reading:
Look what I've just bought!

I think that is what I going to do, coupled with day insure (£20 for scim, £10 for punto), £9 for national express down there, and £20 in fuel (not forgetting 20mpg :( ) brings the total up to £270 for just getting it home!

Had a few ebay tranporter people message me already, they want £1.?? a mile for both directions, which is like £220 + a base £45 fee. so thats really not worth it.

I will be able to collect it on saturday (bus is max £9 if booked three days in advance, or £50 odd if less).

Do you reckon I should go to the durham punto meet in a punto, a volvo 240 estate (got leather and air con though :chin: ) or a fairly quick yellow plastic pig? not to mention its got twin stainless exhausts :slayer: as std! fitted in late 70's by reliant! And they are still original I believe!

Right I have got it sorted, going to pick it up on monday. Going down on national express, then another more local bus, then to his house.
Might be able to take my mate with me.
Because its on monday I can book an MOT for 4pm and make it back in time (7hours on bus, just under two in car well thats the punto anyway, all things going well, which they won't). Tax well that can't be got until it has at least that amount of MOT on it, so there is no way, I was thinking of borrowing dealer plates, but with it being a monday they are probably going to be using them, unless they have several sets?

yeah but they are in a really low state of tune and don't rev that hard (5500rpm is the sort of limit, the std essex engine will rev more but it doesn't get you anywhere), pretty low geared though in top with over drive, from my calcs it would be doing 2100rpm at 60mph!!

easily tunable thought and parts are pretty cheap for them. I.e a performance exhaust new like one that was used on the rally cars specially devolped by reliant will cost about £125 from manifold back (stainless manifolds cost a fortune as there just aren't any left, all custom now!).

Back