Photo0290.jpg

Punto Evo Look any better?.

Introduction

Here is my punto evo when I picked it up:
Was looking to do Gun Metal grey or anything darker up to black. I just want something darker than mine as they are never clean!

Suggestion - Keep it OEM looking, Silver in other words. I think it suits the car better IMO. If you don't mind silver, just clean them thoroughly and protect the alloy wheels with Poor boys wheel sealant or I use Collinite 476 on my alloys, makes cleaning them a breeze... Power wash for about 10 seconds, clean. (y)

Suggestion - Keep it OEM looking, Silver in other words. I think it suits the car better IMO. If you don't mind silver, just clean them thoroughly and protect the alloy wheels with Poor boys wheel sealant or I use Collinite 476 on my alloys, makes cleaning them a breeze... Power wash for about 10 seconds, clean. (y)

I do agree the silver looks good on blue but I fancy a change and the alloys have bubbled and peeled in a couple of places. When I bought them I new they would need doing and I think within the next 6 weeks I plan to do them. I think that Gun metal grey may be my best option as I would like to change the colour and I think the two colours would go well.

I think it does look better, but disagree with the whole GP/Evo comparison, but then I would! Evo's defo look better with any alloys rather than steelies, and the colour is nice. Just wish there was a way of making the front look a little nicer :eek: Too much going on. If you love it though, that's all that matters. :)

I think it does look better, but disagree with the whole GP/Evo comparison, but then I would! Evo's defo look better with any alloys rather than steelies, and the colour is nice. Just wish there was a way of making the front look a little nicer :eek: Too much going on. If you love it though, that's all that matters. :)

Cheers. Do love it. I know the alloys are not the best choice but once moving they look great! Looking to change them next year but going to spray them soon. Want to lower it but insurance won't allow me to so will just keep it riding high! Don't look to bad now though even with the boot empty. All im looking to do to it now is a few stickers on the rear window.

Not much hapening with my car except warning messages coming up! Got a new ripspeed aerial but was not sure so uploaded a pic to see what people think. Also I think there is more chance it will get nicked! Also bought a set of lights for my interior that are a dim blue colour at night but light up the floor a bit! Cant really moan for 50p :D

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 72
Nothing new happened to the car but hopefully they will do soon. Just got my first job today so hopefully I will start off getting a new set of alloys soon. toying with getting the grande punto sporting ones but gonna see what is around. Was thinking about lowering but when looking at it from today it does not seem to look as high as it was before. Just a quick question does anyone know what is wrong with the car when it is about to change up gear and says 'Operation not avaliable'. I have a dualogic and this happends in manual. When in auto it will change up gear and then no power will be avalible for about 3 seconds then kicks in. Is this just my car or does this happen to others

thats not just yours get it looked at lol, love the car btw, lowerd 60mm and deep dish alloys , yum

Will call the garage soon to get it looked at as the dash has also come out! Its falling apart! Will get some alloys soon maybe after christmas but not going to lower at the moment as Insurance wont allow. Just had a really nice clean and looks nice and shiny :D

Attachments

• Car 1..jpg
    Car 1..jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 74
Nice car :D i think the alloys suit it, tinted windows on the back would look great, whats you next plans?

Thanks for the comments! Am looking to get some nice wheels soon as mine are not in the best condition! Not my fault as there were second hand! Will get 17's again but on 205/45/17's and not on 40's as they are way to low profile! Think I will get them to either be bright silver or a gun metal grey colour. The only thing I am planning this side of christmas is to get a new sound system as mine is crap atm and both of my speakers have blown so they just rattle. Need to build up a bit of money atm as got no money :cry: I am also looking at getting a rear spoiler like the one of the sporting as I think it will make it look rather nice from the back. Dont want to do too much to the car as dont want it to stand out to much.

Love my new job as I have about 10 miles of boring driving and then 2 - 4 miles of driving down a country lane which has hardly any cars on it. I have been tempted to boot it down there but there are a few sharp corners!

I'm upgrading my sound system too and I'm installing boot build :), also getting some side skirts ordered too, also have window tints and wind deflectors on the list of things to come. Keep us updated

Had a look at your plan for your boot build and it looks rather good (y). Would like to do one myself but I use the boot of my car daily and it is normally full! I am just plannin to change the speakers and maybe a small sub under one of the seats but I will have to wait and see what my pay cheque is going to be like this month! I am going to keep an eye out for a blue punto evo spoiler and try and get it for my car! :D:D:D

Where you get the DRL bulbs from and did you change the others? I need to get some on mine. Also if your looking for spoiler email www.tmcmotorsport.com they will be able to supply you with one for around £100 + delivery, just would need it spraying and fitted. :)

Where you get the DRL bulbs from and did you change the others? I need to get some on mine. Also if your looking for spoiler email www.tmcmotorsport.com they will be able to supply you with one for around £100 + delivery, just would need it spraying and fitted. :)

Got them off Amazon I think. Think they are MTEC and they look great. The bulbs look blue but once they are on they are white and look amazing. I want to try and find one in my colour already but if I see one cheap enough then I will get it and have it sprayed. Will see if I can find the box to tell you what the bulbs are though. Just to let you know they are very awquard to fit as fiat have made the engine bay quite compact and to get to the lights it is quite difficult.

Re: Look any better?

I will never understand why fiat changed the grande from what it was into the Evo, it was so much better looking before. They did the same thing with the mk2 putno as well, its beautiful compared to the 2b.

Opinions on your car. You have just changed the wheels and not taken a side on picture :rolleyes: that pea-shooter looks silly hanging under the bumper as well

Rather insulting! I was taught by my parents that if you haven't got anything nice to say then say nothing at all, just a simple 'not my cup of tea' would be sufficient.

Personally like what you have done mate wheel look good! And the exhausts is good similar to the one's they offer in the accessories book

Re: Look any better?

Rather insulting! I was taught by my parents that if you haven't got anything nice to say then say nothing at all, just a simple 'not my cup of tea' would be sufficient.

Personally like what you have done mate wheel look good! And the exhausts is good similar to the one's they offer in the accessories book

It's a good opinion to be honest with you chap, the threads are on here to divide opinions and tell the owner your opinion (if you want to) - Nothing wrong with negative critisism. The exhaust looks pathetic, but the alloys are growing on me, but that's all the owners done. As the OP says it would look better lowered but insurance is restrictive.

The car looks good, at least you haven't binned it... :D

Back