Styling long shot but hey..

Currently reading:
Styling long shot but hey..

Alfizzle

Anyone know if there are any body kits/spoilers/ styling parts for pandas??.. or parts for other cars that will fit on the panda and where to get them??

did anyone ever wath that pimp my ride when they do up a tired looking panda, they put a renault 5 body kit on it spoiler and a custom boot build for the subs/speakers.. think they even managed to get 16" wheels on it :eek:

(y)

depends how pimped you want to get. I'm pretty happy with the mkII golf front splitter on mine, and a Citroen AX rear spoiler seems to be a neat fit on the back. If you're going to start on colour coded skirts and big meshed rear diffusers and the like then you're probably going to have to do some more major adaptation.

im going to get adventurous now (y)..

custom fiberglass bumpers made from originals...

custom front mesh grille..

elongate rear bumper with fibreglass...

radio aerial on the roof...

tinted windows...

custom fiberglass dash...

ect...

im happy now, dont think im gonna be getting rid of him after all (y)

Anyone know if there are any body kits/spoilers/ styling parts for pandas??.. or parts for other cars that will fit on the panda and where to get them??

did anyone ever wath that pimp my ride when they do up a tired looking panda, they put a renault 5 body kit on it spoiler and a custom boot build for the subs/speakers.. think they even managed to get 16" wheels on it :eek:

(y)

To be honest, if you want to do all that to a car then really you shouldn't be starting out with a classic Panda as a base. If you want the Spaz Power/ Chimp my Ride look then you should be looking more at Saxos or Corsas which have a whole heap of garish kits available for them. To do the same to a Panda you would be looking at fabricating or adapting kits from other cars unless you were lucky enough to find an original kit meant for a Panda, of which you'd be looking for Rocking Horse poo.

Obviously it's all down to personal taste but it would appear that most people think the Chimp my Ride style cars are :yuck: and should be sent to the nearest crusher. The car you mentioned looked over the top and was as sluggish as hell thanks to all the extra weight and stupidly large wheels raising the gearing too much.

Subtle mods can work though, a splitter as fitted by First Car Y10 looks :cool:, lowered and a nice set of wheels also look :cool: Big kits/ spoilers/ skirts etc. generally do not work on a car like a Panda in my opinion, whereas the subtle sleeper look with a more powerful engine is definitely the way to go (y)

sort of agree personally but actually if you want to totally chav it up you go for it. That is one of the beauties of a Panda they are such a not max powery car to start with that there is always still something a bit unexpected and fun about stuff that would just make you look like an idiot if you put it on a Saxo.
I like to make any mods look kind of 'period' : lots of black plastic in a mk1 golf GTi style (and my groovy 'pepperpots') so if you want to go down that route I've always wondered what the little black side skirts from a mk1 punto sporting would look like:chin:
just a thought.

now that's a nice grille (y)

did you use tho original grille to make that?...

i see what you mean, but to be honest i like the shape of the panda, nice and boxy/aggressive looking and i like how slow it is, if i wanted a complete and utter chav mobile i would have a saxo or a corsa.. but everyone has them so why should i buy a car with no personality, lifeless feeling when your driving it?..

i would like to have a unique panda like no other one seen before... i smile every time i see a panda.. and i bet a lot of other people do as well.. but i would smile a lot more if i saw a panda looking bad ass!.. (y)

The most pimped Panda I have ever seen :D

Attachments

• pre-pimped-panda.jpg
    pre-pimped-panda.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 17
  • pimped-panda1.jpg
    pimped-panda1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 24
The main reason I've got a Panda is because I wanted a car I could put my own stamp on. Now I haven't got loads of money, and I'm not massively experienced when it comes to car customising, so I needed a car that was simple to work on and cheap to buy and modify.

Now as Ebay has shown over the last few days, for £700 you can pick up what is almost a new car to work on, If you bought anything else for that price you'd be spending all your budget just to get it roadworthy.

The shape of the Panda also makes life easier, lots of straight lines to work from. the interior can be gutted in minutes giving you an ideal blank canvas.

Customising is about individuality, so it kind of misses the point if you pimp a Saxo, Corsa, Imprezza etc, just like everyone else!

So come on everyone pimp your Panda and lets be individuals together!

Ah, no, hang on a minute!

Last edited:
Back