Technical Locking

Currently reading:
Technical Locking

mark2004uk

My central locking wont work from the drivers side, I have to lock and unlock my car from the passenger side, any sides what i need to buy ?

The thing obvs works cause it locks when i turn the key in the passenger door, but from the drivers side nothing...

1997 bravo

Check th elocking mechanism inside the door, make sure you have not got a cable broke, sounds to me like the lock itself is not talking to the locking solenoid on the driver door t oactivate the locking system, either sometihng has gone awol inside the lock or there is a break in the wiring, you need to get a look inside the door panel.
You could also try some contact cleaner in the rubber hose type afair you see when you open the door, inside there is all the clabling for the door, there is a socket which you pull apart to see the contacts, try a squirt in this socket.
This socket enable you to take the door off easily with all cables left inside, I think it twists and pulls to reveal the contacts, kind of a large plug really. I once had a bit of trouble here with an electric window, contact cleaner sorted it out, even though the plug is sealed, seemed to work fine after.

Back