Locations for future meets. MI

Currently reading:
Locations for future meets. MI

the plan was to do "breakfast",
so some of the Forums Abarthisti may prefer to actually eat a proper breakfast with us in the warm, rather than some unappetising thing in "bread" for twice the price an hour later..,

no plans to pay to enter Silverstone,
may well find the visitor centre still open , (their car park will almost certainly be)

OK ,
we obviously have interest - I'll get the event thread rolling..,

Charlie

Last edited:
Last edited:
Let me know if a visit to the Supper Sausage is on so I can mention it in all the local facebook groups I belong too. At least eight of them lol.

how about Cotswold Motoring Museum?? I've never been and know nothing about the place really apart from its a car museum and its in Bourton-on-the-Water which is a lovely place generally.. open 10am-6pm 7 days a week.

Dunno if i'm free or not without checking with the wife.

Its TINY.. but has a reasonable amount of 'stuff' crammed in there

I was actually thinking about the 'Haynes Museum' at Sparkford.. again.. never been there myself..
On the A303.. so Definitely ..the midlands :rolleyes:

Apparently Coventry has an excellent Museum.. gadge..

Bit of a trip for some of us though..
But nicer for a fair few Zeewulf included

Well i have an 85 year old great aunt in coventry i can always go visit if i end up coventry way, but yep its a fair mission from me, although i can have a jaunbt up the fosseway to get there which isnt particularly a bad thing lol..
I don't really have access to a fiat atm though :shrug:

Well being an ex coventry man I can tell you the coventry transport museum is fantastic. I've seen it change many times.over the years since I first went there in the late 1980s. The only potential issue is that its literally in the centre of the city so it doesn't have a car park as such so meeting up would be tricky I guess, not like how we usually do.it. The cotswolds one is also very good - small, as pointed out, but the quality of cars is very good and what it lacks in cars it more than makes up for in the automobilia it has on display like old signs, petrol pumps, lamps, old garage scenes and as a bonus the last time I went they had a 1930s fiat topolino (y) so both get my vote. Not sure if I'm around on that date though as it gets busy for me around then

Last edited:
It is a long time since I went to any of those.
Haynes is big, and can accommodate us all easily. And I'm sure they'll have a cafe.
Cotswold is, as Charlie says, small, tightly packed, but interesting. I doubt they have a cafe, but there are lots of other similar places in Bourton. There used to be a cafe in the big car park, but without popping over (about an hour) can't propose anything specific. Some may be shut, or limited hours in winter, of course. (Been through it several times recently, while trianing with the supermarket vans, but not really looking for cafes.)
Coventry was very good when I went, although a very long time ago, but as said, parking and meeting is difficult.

There's the Atwell Wilson museum at Calne (between Swindon and Chippenham), but they are small, and no cafe. Calne is also small as a town, so few facilities there. I guess that's a NO. Been past it so many times, not yet visited.

There's the British Motor Museum at Gaydon, near Warwick. Although they complicate things with frequent special days. Edit: Looks Ok for end Nov.
Admission is £14.50, but can reduce to £10 if a group of 12 or more. All tickets must be booked in advance, so that starts to get complicated, even if we pay individually.

Haynes is a fair old trek, but I'm up for that, if it can work. (Are they booking in advance too?)

Back