Technical LOCATION OF MY ECU

Currently reading:
Technical LOCATION OF MY ECU

Stevelacoste

Hi Guys
Any idea where my ECU for the engine is sited in my Pilote G740fc motorhome.
Thanks Steve

Hi Steve

As far as I can tell, this is a relatively recent A-class vehicle built onto the Fiat Ducato "Chassis Cowl". I would be very surprised if the converters moved the position of the Engine Control Unit (ECU) from its factory fitted location. Traditionally, this was in the engine bay on the right as you stand and look at it (UK passenger side). It's in the upper part towards the back and tucked under the tray below the windscreen. The ECU is a metal box about the size of a thick paperback book, and is sealed against water ingress. It has a couple of large multi-way connectors with wire harnesses which lead off to all the various engine sensors and actuators, injectors etc.

Out of interest, why do you want to know ?

Hi Steve

As far as I can tell, this is a relatively recent A-class vehicle built onto the Fiat Ducato "Chassis Cowl". I would be very surprised if the converters moved the position of the Engine Control Unit (ECU) from its factory fitted location. Traditionally, this was in the engine bay on the right as you stand and look at it (UK passenger side). It's in the upper part towards the back and tucked under the tray below the windscreen. The ECU is a metal box about the size of a thick paperback book, and is sealed against water ingress. It has a couple of large multi-way connectors with wire harnesses which lead off to all the various engine sensors and actuators, injectors etc.

Out of interest, why do you want to know ?
Hi I want to use the MultiECUscan software on my motorhome for diagnosing faults, I had a problem with my dpf and needed a regen, Fiat were the only ones that could do it, it cost me £500.
If I try with my current software, it blocks the information on the regen, so not allowing me to initiate it and clear the fault.
This bypass lead just goes from the ECU to the existing connector, so allowing you to access the menu.
The DPF is not covered under warranty if it is blocked.

Hi I want to use the MultiECUscan software on my motorhome for diagnosing faults, I had a problem with my dpf and needed a regen, Fiat were the only ones that could do it, it cost me £500.
If I try with my current software, it blocks the information on the regen, so not allowing me to initiate it and clear the fault.
This bypass lead just goes from the ECU to the existing connector, so allowing you to access the menu.
The DPF is not covered under warranty if it is blocked.
So you have a new Ducato with security gateway function then, and consider direct connection to the ECU a better option than using a SGW bypass device at the OBD connector?

So you have a new Ducato with security gateway function then, and consider direct connection to the ECU a better option than using a SGW bypass device at the OBD connector?
I have and it says its blocked due to gateway function, am I allowed to post a link to this product?

Hi Guys I will post link, I am not connected to this product in any way.
This is the standard way to bypass the SGW if you have acess to the modules this is not connecting directly to the ecu (though effectively the same)

Back