Technical Fiat Ducato 2016 Headlight Relay Location

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2016 Headlight Relay Location

RussNoFuss

Hi,
Could you please help with locating the headlight relay on a Fiat Ducato with the MK4 fusebox. From 2015 the relays were not located on the fusebox but you can still hear the clicking of the headlight relay in this area under the steering column?

The issue we are having is that there is no power getting to the running lights down the side of the camper. The 5amp fuse is fine behind the drivers seat where the house fuses are located but there is no 12v on the fuse when headlights are on? Running lights are fine as we can provide 12v directly to the 5amp fuse and they all turn on fine. The plan is to run a new wire from the headlight relay to this fuse to solve the problem.

Attachments

• 13359BBA-1212-4F8E-AD98-AB19B025E264.jpeg
    13359BBA-1212-4F8E-AD98-AB19B025E264.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 64
What camper do you have, is it a Fiat panel van conversion or a motorhome? On motorhomes the side markers are provided by the motorhome manufacturer. The activation is via a 'Lights On' signal which Fiat provide for the manufacturer to connect to.

It is a motorhome 2016. That makes sense to control from the BCM. Are you saying that there is no additional relay / fuse in the circuit other that the house fuse board? It is unusual for these running lights to stop as they are fairly low current. I would like to think it was just a plug connection. Do you have any suggestions?

It is a motorhome 2016. That makes sense to control from the BCM. Are you saying that there is no additional relay / fuse in the circuit other that the house fuse board? It is unusual for these running lights to stop as they are fairly low current. I would like to think it was just a plug connection. Do you have any suggestions?
What make/model is your MH ? What 12v control system do you have i.e. the 12v fuses module? Is it an Electroblock or similar? On my motorhome the Fiat 'lights on signal', which is just a battery negative 0v, is fed to an Electroblock EBL unit where it is used to operate a relay which then feeds the power to the lamps.
PS: it is completely separate from the Fiat electrics. On the X250/X290 Fiat leave a 'lights on signal', which goes battery negative when lights are ON, in the drivers lower seat belt panel for the MH manufacturer to use.

Last edited:
As Ray says, it would be useful to know the make of your m/h, and the type of onboard electrics installed.

As in the above post(s), where the position lights are supplied by the converter (coachbuilts as opposed to panel van conversions) it is normal for the converter to provide power to these.

On my (Schaudt-equipped) coachbuilt this is enabled (with other functions) by a Schaudt AD01 adapter which takes the low-current "position lights on" signal from the Fiat converters socket, and this operates a relay in the AD01 box that provides power to the lights. That supply is fused in the AD01.

I think Ray is correct in that this function may be integrated into some EBL models (in mine it isn't, hence the additional AD01).

Electrics other than Schaudt will have their own method of implementing something similar.

Hi,
Could you please help with locating the headlight relay on a Fiat Ducato with the MK4 fusebox. From 2015 the relays were not located on the fusebox but you can still hear the clicking of the headlight relay in this area under the steering column?

The issue we are having is that there is no power getting to the running lights down the side of the camper. The 5amp fuse is fine behind the drivers seat where the house fuses are located but there is no 12v on the fuse when headlights are on? Running lights are fine as we can provide 12v directly to the 5amp fuse and they all turn on fine. The plan is to run a new wire from the headlight relay to this fuse to solve the problem.
The X290 Electrical circuits pdf file, available in Downloads, describes which signals are where in the body computer/fusebox connectors. Maybe this can provide some help.

Back