Technical limited revs

Currently reading:
Technical limited revs

ducato2003

Hi All, I cleaned my Ducato a few days ago (y)while I was doing this I decided to give the very dirty and oily gearbox a blast of with my pressure washer, I also cleaned around the battery area and air filter cover.(n)

I now have a problem with the van running it will only rev to 3000 revs:mad: the engine light is on but when I checked it with a fault code reader it came up with no codes found. I have tried spraying WD40 and have checked to see if any leads have come off but I can't see anything loose.

Any ideas:confused:

By the way the van is a 2003 swb 2.0 jtd

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply i just finished doing that as I thought some water might have got in but it's bone dry.

Hi. Not a good idea using a jet washer near the engine, modern diesels have lots of electronic gadgets and although protected from everyday water they were never meant to withstand a jet washer.

Check the fuse box is dry inside and make sure you haven’t blasted any wires off anywhere.

It sounds like your engine has gone into limp mode, you could try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes and see if that resets the ECU.

Thanks will try that, I have just checked the fuse box seems to be dry also just drained the diesel filter to make sure there is fresh diesel going in

It's probs water in ecu. But when you check the code on a scanner have you tried eobd or just fiat? Water in the air filter wouldn't put a light on.

Hi, when I plugged the fault code reader in it didn't find any fault codes. The display showed "no codes"

Well still have the problem checked the ecu today bone dry think it's mechanic time.

Back