Technical Amber general warning triangle, no fault codes, van won’t rev..is this a limp mode?

Currently reading:
Technical Amber general warning triangle, no fault codes, van won’t rev..is this a limp mode?

Gidz

Hi, i have a Ducato multijet 2.3 130bhp registered 2019.
wont rev past 1500rpm..in fact revs fall back to idle. I you hold accelerator down it cycles round from 800 rpm to 1500 then 800 etc.

is this in a form of limp mode or would limp mode hold it at 1500 with foot to floor?

anyone seen a ducato behave like this..amber general warning but no fault codes?

any help appreciated thanks

here are the 3 nearest members with Multiecuscan willing to help.

What are you trying to read the error codes with? MES?
Hi, my son is doing the checking , he used mulitecuscan , eobdfacile pro and launch pro apparently.
We have tried several times over some days to see if we can get a code, including taking down 12v but no joy.
fault is very consistant.
thankyou

here are the 3 nearest members with Multiecuscan willing to help.
Thanks for the leads.

Hi, i have a Ducato multijet 2.3 130bhp registered 2019.
wont rev past 1500rpm..in fact revs fall back to idle. I you hold accelerator down it cycles round from 800 rpm to 1500 then 800 etc.

is this in a form of limp mode or would limp mode hold it at 1500 with foot to floor?

anyone seen a ducato behave like this..amber general warning but no fault codes?

any help appreciated thanks
Hey where are you based my mate has a garage next door to where I live who does these all day long let me know

Hi all, we finally got to the bottom of this so thought that I would complete the thread with the solution should anyone else see this problem in future.
As you might gather we had been doing quite a lot of work on the engine following a catastrophic valve failure ( 4 years old and this nice guys at Fiat told us where to get off as we had not had it serviced with them 😡)
Not sure if was a result of the engine going bang a while ago, or because we had had the battery disconnected and reconnected many times ( and may have inadvertently missed the 10 seconds between off and disconnect advised in manual), but we found that the VIN number was missing from engine ECU data.
We sent the ECU off to a guy in Stoke-on-Trent called Dashmaster, who managed to reinstate the VIN ..problem solved.
We suspect that the ECU put itself in a safe mode when it could not see VIN..or saw a VIN mismatch.
Anyway..happy days and thanks for all of the advice .😀

Back