Technical Light cluster issue!!

Currently reading:
Technical Light cluster issue!!

rbrett312

So, I haven't had my 500x long. Today some messages popped up on my dash saying that I need to check my brake lights. It turns out that all of the lights on the rear left (passenger) side cluster aren't coming on. It is completely baffling me! The brake, indicator, and reverse lights on the back left aren't coming on.

What's more, I can't seem to find anything in the handbook about where the fuses for the light cluster are located.

P.s. the control system failure warning light is also on!

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG-20221221-WA0000~2.jpg
    IMG-20221221-WA0000~2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 446
Just to clarify I've not personally experienced a rear light cluster burnout situation. I'm possibly lucky ???

However on my 500X 2015 with incandescent / non LED bulbs in the DRLs (Day Light Running Lights) then melting bulb holders is an issue, so much so some UK dealers carry the holders as stock items.

NOTE! For dealers to carry non service items (e.g. oil, filters etc.) as stock items means that there is a reliability issue with that given part.

As for rear light clusters I have no experience or other info to offer.

Just to clarify I've not personally experienced a rear light cluster burnout situation. I'm possibly lucky ???

However on my 500X 2015 with incandescent / non LED bulbs in the DRLs (Day Light Running Lights) then melting bulb holders is an issue, so much so some UK dealers carry the holders as stock items.

NOTE! For dealers to carry non service items (e.g. oil, filters etc.) as stock items means that there is a reliability issue with that given part.

As for rear light clusters I have no experience or other info to offer.
Thanks for this super helpful response, definitely something for me to look out for moving forward.

I'm thinking that the most sensible thing to do is see if a garage can fit me in in the morning. Do we think that my best bet is to go to an actual Fiat garage? Or will this likely be something that a local/independent garage could sort for cheaper?

So, I haven't had my 500x long. Today some messages popped up on my dash saying that I need to check my brake lights. It turns out that all of the lights on the rear left (passenger) side cluster aren't coming on. It is completely baffling me! The brake, indicator, and reverse lights on the back left aren't coming on.

What's more, I can't seem to find anything in the handbook about where the fuses for the light cluster are located.

P.s. the control system failure warning light is also on!

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I looked into this a while back for my 500X when I found out about it as I had the melted wiring/plug issue on my Peugeot 308 too.
I found this on ebay a while back - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264925637904
I realise it's for Minis but I reckon the connector is the same. Maybe get one from a breaker
I haven't needed to fix mine yet so I can't guarantee that it's right but I would buy it if mine failed.
If it's any help only the earth was burnt on the 308 so I just ran a new one to the light cluster.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Sadly I have no part numbers for the connectors (and you would not want to buy the complete loom) shown in the above official docs. However the shape and 6 sockets will almost certainly conform to a motor industry standard connector so the shape and 6 skts is good information without having to remove the light unit.

Sadly I have no part numbers for the connectors (and you would not want to buy the complete loom) shown in the above official docs. However the shape and 6 sockets will almost certainly conform to a motor industry standard connector so the shape and 6 skts is good information without having to remove the light unit.
This is a url for the part from AutoClick (which varsecrazy mentioned above)

Just noticed you have to order 5.

I'm watching this thread as I too am trying to check fuse for lights. My nearside DRL has stopped working and the bulb looks ok to me. So odd that manual doesn't list where fuse for lights are!

I'm watching this thread as I too am trying to check fuse for lights. My nearside DRL has stopped working and the bulb looks ok to me. So odd that manual doesn't list where fuse for lights are!

Hi :)

On my punto DRL is worth swapping left to right..

Burnt contacts are not unheard of.. my 1st bulb lasted 42k miles of constant use.. holder had certainly suffered with heat
@65k the other DRL went out
It looked ok.. so fiddled with it.. still going now 4k later

Back