Lego Fiat 500 is coming

Currently reading:
Lego Fiat 500 is coming

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
Spotted today, not sure when it was announced but it’s about time that they released a lego version of the original 500

Attachments

• C7B80896-F7AD-4CD7-A257-E6D736E15D2F.jpeg
    C7B80896-F7AD-4CD7-A257-E6D736E15D2F.jpeg
    576.2 KB · Views: 56
hmm bit rich for me at 75 quid for something that when finished is about the size of Large Burger.

I know Lego is never cheap but given it's only 960 pieces makes the 100 quid I paid for the 2000 odd piece Mercedes Arocs model seem like bargain especially considering the Arocs had pneumatic and electric moving parts.

makes the Mercedes Arocs model seem like bargain especially considering the Arocs had pneumatic and electric moving parts.

I agree, I'd love to see this (and some of the other car models) as a Technic set, some of those models have great details in steering, suspension and gear mechanisms.

I had no idea how a differential worked until I assembled one in LEGO (there's also an excellent 1930s Chevrolet educational film on the youtoob, which is a much quicker and cheaper way to learn:)).

Last edited:
Licensed sets are always more expensive.

Agreed but the Arocs is also licensed.

I agree, I'd love to see this (and some of the other car models) as a Technic set, some of those models have great details in steering, suspension and gear mechanisms.

I had no idea how a differential worked until I assembled one in LEGO (there's also an excellent 1930s Chevrolet educational film on the youtoob, which is a much quicker and cheaper way to learn:)).

I got a lot of my mechanical knowledge from spending far too much time building and rebuilding sets into different things.

The cars they do at the moment in technic have a weird alien quality to them, would be nice if they did a halfway house between technic and creator.

Having said the more modern sets seek ok with "cheating" having spent hours trying to put together a front wheel drive remote control buggy and finding lego CVs were both an unwieldy length and didn't give much of a range of movement purpose built parts feels like a cheat.

Did get it done but given it was already a ridiculous width to allow for the motor and I had a solid centre to the front axles which meant it didn't turn great..but it worked dammit. My Diffs came out of truck so were a bit large scale.

Came in handy when I took up tamiya cars at at least.

Back