learner and young drivers insurance

Currently reading:
learner and young drivers insurance

twistedgit

Hi,
I have just bought my daughter a mark 1 punto. 1.2 60s. It is her first car and she is just 17 and a learner at this stage. We went through many different insurance brokers and finally found Quinn Direct.
www.quinn-direct.co.uk
The quote came in at £891 third party fire and theft. This may seem alot but it is well over £250 less than the next cheapest quote. We even had quotes as high as £4000.

Might be worth looking at if you are very young and new to driving ;)

Cheers

when me and my g'f had just passed our tests it cost us....

me, male 17, living in the lowest cateogry of risk area, limited 8kmiles, third party, for a group 2 punto 60s, cost me... £1200!!!!! lump sum, more for monthly:mad:

her, 17, living in a dodgy part of a dodgy local town, unlimited milage, fully comp, for a group 5/6 toyota yaris 1.5vvti RS(? sport edition one) cost her, wait for it.....

~£480

I mean where the FUNK is the justice in that :bang:
and she crashed it, into a STATIONARY BUS :rolleyes:

Not bad that. It is around £900 for me. I will do pass plus though to make it come down a bit though.

Im still learning and on my MK2 1.2 i pay a total of £972 and thats fully comp! From the post office so worth checking that out too.

YO, ur 18 n you £1800?! Thats loads lol u must earn alot of money or u just dont ever go out?

Am 19, good area and payin around £800 tpft now with endsleigh but bear in-mind that im a naughty boy that hasent declared mods!

YO, ur 18 n you £1800?! Thats loads lol u must earn alot of money or u just dont ever go out?

Am 19, good area and payin around £800 tpft now with endsleigh but bear in-mind that im a naughty boy that hasent declared mods!

Think its you who must have reserves of cash for when you have an accident and have to pay for it out your own pocket as your car had void insurance. (n)

Save up throughout the year... Works wonders... ;)

£1500 Fully comp on a Cinq Sporting as i've probably said 1 million times before.

At the moment i am paying for my 1.9JTD Stilo (05 reg, 115 engine) £119 a month. which works out at £1400 ish a year.

I dont think this is to bad because my car has all the power and performace i need and i can afford it. Its about £300 dearer then my last car would have been a year, but this car is well cooler and faster (then an 05 reg 1.2 micra). And its returning better MPG to.

One thing i cant believe is my next door neigbour(s), he is about 6 months older then me, hes nearly 20, and still drives on his mums insurance (fronting his policy), he does about 15,000 miles a year. He pays £1500 a year on his insurance on a 1.7 03 reg DTI Astra - why he does it i dont know. I nearly have 2 years NCB on my policy.

Yeah there all cheap compared 2mine the cheapest I got is bloody 2200 for my 1.2 punto GO it is a 02 plate but still I'm gutted and thats without telling them about the mods I've done!!!!lol
any1 knows of cheap insurance 4 a young driver let me know please!!

Thanks
liam

thats not 2bad al give that ago... Not the sex change bit tho !! Haha
cheers

im 19 just passed my test and cheapest quote i got was £1600 fully comp on a 1.2 60 sx, was with more than heard they do special young drivers discount not to bad as before i got this one i had been quoted £1900 which is 3 times the amount im paying for the car :mad:

Last edited:
Insurance is actually cheaper if you dont have a license!... i paid 800quid with quinn when i was on L plates... 6 months later i pass my test and ring them... they wanted £400 to continue my policy for the next 6months!

When asked why its because Ill be driving without a experienced driver! lol what a joke. most the time i was driving was with my mum who aint drove in about 10years!

My brother is on L-plates third party fire and theft insurance with quinn-direct drives a peugoet 306 1.4XR 75bhp group 4 insurance and is paying £846.

Back