Styling Land's End to John O'Groats AND BACK in a Panda Cross TA

Currently reading:
Styling Land's End to John O'Groats AND BACK in a Panda Cross TA

So we should arrive back at Land's End sometime this afternoon, with about 2,120 miles on the clock. My best intentions of daily trip updates were rather derailed (perhaps to many readers' relief) by Scotland's 1970s-spec internet provision. I'll put together some trip reports when we get home.

Little F'KA continues to perform immaculately which I hope continues for one more day. We saw a Trekking and a handful of 4x4s in Scotland but we are still the only Cross in the village. It makes me wonder quite how badly the model has sold: has anyone seen any sales figures recently?

I'd love my next Fiat to be white just so I have an excuse to wash it more... I know.. Haha

It's not a base colour, it's a 'free upgrade'. I'm sure Fiat marketing agree with me there ;-D

It's the first white car we've had and its been far easier to keep looking good than any other. Silver is ok, but dark metallics (the midnight blue MGF being a low point) have been particularly bad. When my Defender gets rebuilt and painted later this year I'm now seriously considering getting it sprayed white to match the Sugarcube.

We saw a Trekking and a handful of 4x4s in Scotland but we are still the only Cross in the village. It makes me wonder quite how badly the model has sold: has anyone seen any sales figures recently?

According to How Many Left, there are this many Cross's in the wild;

662 previous 169 model (all diesels)
274 current 319 model diesels.
439 current 319 model TwinAirs.

Compare and contrast to 'normal' 319 model 4x4s;

~2500 TwinAir petrols (incl. Antarctica models)
~1600 diesels

So there you have it!

It's the first white car we've had and its been far easier to keep looking good than any other. Silver is ok, but dark metallics (the midnight blue MGF being a low point) have been particularly bad.

My yellow Cross is 18 months old, and has been washed precisely once. I reckon it looks good with some grime on it. (y)

Not quite as epic as the OP but next week I am taking my 15 plate oop north from just south of Glasgow to Outer Hebrides. Done this trip several times in my old Panda 1.1. Typically in 5 days I will cover around 900 miles.

My 1.2 Easy should manage around 65mpg as I drive fairly carefully at around 40/50 mph. A few years ago when I did this trip, I manged the entire 900 plus miles without overtaking anyone at all

Back