Lancia buffs....

Currently reading:
Lancia buffs....

pinin__prestatyn said:
Wow what a monster ! Fccuck me it shifts. You get the charger whine and the Dump valve every gearchange as well, strange! but awesome all the same.
yes a great car an v/quick. wonder what would of happened had it gone down the full development. and what road car would have lancia launched to homolagate it???!!!!!:) :eek:

This is the road car known as a Stradale, only puts out 250bhp:

delta2.JPG

And heres an interesting pic of the turbo and supercharger setup:

strange_pic_lancia_s4_charge.jpg

Dont ya just love google image search!:slayer:

Lancia did develop an S4S version of the car and got the bhp up to over 900.
It was big news because the car was quicker than the then current F1 Ferrari. It was never given a license because it was to powerful.
They used one on the Pikes peak hill climb as part of testing. Apparently the car even with 4wd was almost undrivable in bends as the power was instant and kept trying to throw the car off the road.
There's was an ECV version as well. I have no idae what that means.

Stuartl said:
There's was an ECV version as well. I have no idae what that means.

ECV stands for Experimental Composite Vehicle.
They used the name for a protoype designed for the group s rally cars (though the group never came to be).

They pumped out some 600bhp from a 1759cc engine using two turbos.

It was a development of the S4.

there is a very famous story of the S4s development and during testing at the italian grand prix track for 1986 (can't remember which one) the S4 would have qualified 3rd on the grid for that years GP which is amazing for a rally car, just shows how quick it actually was.

Aaron.

just made my brain go back 20 yrs. ouch!! if i recall, the ECV was fully space framed and as far removed from the delta as you could get. only the silluette of the delta was recognisable. i think basically it would of dominated rallying for some yrs and a bit(y) the clever bit of the head was the inlet and exhaust valves on each side. so the flow through the head was beyond any other head. so the forced induction was incredible. :worship:

J333EVO said:
there is a very famous story of the S4s development and during testing at the italian grand prix track for 1986 (can't remember which one) the S4 would have qualified 3rd on the grid for that years GP which is amazing for a rally car, just shows how quick it actually was.
If it was Monza, then Monza is a high-speed track. More so then than now, since the introduction of the chicanes following Senna's death. Long straights, with high speed corners is the best way to describe Monza.
H

Back