Technical known model issues.

Currently reading:
Technical known model issues.

not sure what has happened over the years but.

Rear suspension arms failure
Broken rear springs
Rusty sump.
Rusty front water pipe
Noisy alternator bearings.
Disintegrating radiator fins.

Had None of those

2005 1.2 dynamic 97600 miles. Owned it since 2005 june(7 weeks old).

Just sticky clutch pedal and wobbly idle all sorted over the years by new slave cylinder and throttle body clean and change.

Tim

not sure what has happened over the years but.

Rear suspension arms failure
Broken rear springs
Rusty sump.
Rusty front water pipe
Noisy alternator bearings.
Disintegrating radiator fins.

Had None of those

2005 1.2 dynamic 97600 miles. Owned it since 2005 june(7 weeks old).

Just sticky clutch pedal and wobbly idle all sorted over the years by new slave cylinder and throttle body clean and change.

Tim
Could you pick 6 lotto numbers for me please ☺️

Well I can try.

4 17 19 3138 48.

Don't blame me if they are wrong as I did the slave cylinder and the throttle body so two could be wrong.

Tim

Habe to agree, somewhat luck of the draw.

Mine had 135k hard miles under its belt and was still on original exhaust and battery and only a leaky front damper to sully its reputation.

Until the timing chain snapped at Christmas 🙃 it was faultless.

Habe to agree, somewhat luck of the draw.

Mine had 135k hard miles under its belt and was still on original exhaust and battery and only a leaky front damper to sully its reputation.

Until the timing chain snapped at Christmas 🙃 it was faultless.
my girlfriends 100hp is still on the original exhaust bar the flexi section and it has done 153k miles.

its not really had any major problems tbh. a couple of coil packs have gone. its had a set of new rear dampers. clutch cambelt and water pump as they needed doing. had some power steering issues, but cleaned up connections and replaced battery and it is all good.

its been a bloody good car really with very few problems.

My 100HP has needed a lot of general maintenance due to miles driven. I would like to say not much else. However, the cam belt (replaced before I bought the car) had to be done again. The water pump was leaking from the core plug in the pump casting which risked a failed cam belt.
The clutch seemed fine on test drives but soon developed a judder and a feeling of delayed closing after lifting your foot off the pedal. It just got worse. I had a new clutch fitted which seemed to love the problem. 20,000 miles later the judder was back but I learned to live with it until the clutch began slipping on fast road hills.

This time, I fitted a new clutch and properly checked out the input shaft seal. The seal was hard as nails and the clutch housing smelled of gear oil but with surprisingly little mess. The seal requires the input end of the gear box to be taken off. Thanks bean counters for not allowing engineers to fit a removable cover. It's not a horrible job but would scare the uninitiated and does get ignored by garages doing clutch jobs.

Clutch is now good and the front struts are about to be properly overhauled. Rear shock were done recently. Cam belt kit came from S4P so should be good for another who-knows-how-many years.

Back