General K&N Filter

Currently reading:
General K&N Filter

I suppose it depends what you mean by "Worth it". As far as I know, there isn't a panel filter for the Multijet. The Multijet filter is different to the petrol models.
However, suppose there was one, and it was £35. A standard filter is £10, and needs replacing every 12k miles, so a K&N would pay for itself in 48k miles, providing it was of equal or greater specification than the standard filter.
H

Worth it or not (I believe they are) it doesn't look like they make one yet.
Could try another make of open gause filter.

hmallett said:
I suppose it depends what you mean by "Worth it". As far as I know, there isn't a panel filter for the Multijet. The Multijet filter is different to the petrol models.
However, suppose there was one, and it was £35. A standard filter is £10, and needs replacing every 12k miles, so a K&N would pay for itself in 48k miles, providing it was of equal or greater specification than the standard filter.
H

A cotton gauze filter as all other reusable filters need cleaning. The cleaning kit is another £8 - £12. The inconvenience of cleaning, properly drying and reoiling the filter doesn't suit evryone. If you do this then you might do your service yourself and can get filters even cheaper than £10. But I don't want to go splitting hairs.

The replacement airfilter such as K&N does not offer a great deal of performance improvement if at all on the Multijet engine. To see a real improvement redesigning the entyre inlet is needed.

doblo said:
Does anyone know if there is a K&N filter for the multijet & if so are they worth buying & what is the price?

If there is you may like to consider that standard pleated paper air-filters trap finer particles than the K&N types, and that the K&N filters need cleaning and oiling every 12000 miles or so. Would it save money? Not if you're paying a garage to do the cleaning and oiling. There's also the warranty questions, Fiat's free optional 3rd year warranty states that Fiat parts need to be used on the car from new for the warranty to be valid. Having said that I've always run K&N filters on my bike engines and none of them ever wore out from using one. Then again, none of them have done 100,000 miles or had a three year warranty......:rolleyes:

If you want to get a cotton gauze replacement BMC does one:

359/20 for for £31.58 + VAT + delivery.

The importter does not have it in stock. Delivery times are between 3 - 6 weeks.

Back