500 Just landed, I have had my fiat 500 since 2013 and think this is a great idea

Currently reading:
500 Just landed, I have had my fiat 500 since 2013 and think this is a great idea

Lots of random electrical issues is nearly always the wiring harness that passes into the boot. The wires under the rubber boot can get fatigued from bending open and closed, and eventually break.

You can get a repair kit to splice into the original wiring. Some of these are wrapped in silcone rather than plastic and seem to be more durable but as long as the wires are new, they'll last years.

Any auto-electrician should be able to replace the broken wires with the new kit.

Ralf S.

I have to say … there are a lot of known issues on the 500 😂 like Ralph suggested the only electrical issue I’ve heard of is the tailgate loom

Of course it’s possible an ECU has let you down what are your symptoms?

I have to say … there are a lot of known issues on the 500 😂 like Ralph suggested the only electrical issue I’ve heard of is the tailgate loom

Of course it’s possible an ECU has let you down what are your symptoms?
My main lights on are
check engine
start stop unavailable
and general fault light

I drove it 40 miles yesterday and the fan is on constantly and I feel there is slight juddering when you hit the gas and change gears …….?

Back