Technical Just bought a 2008 bravo t jet 1.4... Has a few potential niggles, advice please

Currently reading:
Technical Just bought a 2008 bravo t jet 1.4... Has a few potential niggles, advice please

MrBoatin

Bought a 2008 fiat bravo 1.4 t jet. The first issue is the jerking of the stick when I accelerate the gear stick jerks back. The car doesn't jerk at all so I'm guessing it might just be the mount? Is this a worrying issue?

The second issue is the engine temperature.. When I first bought the car last week the temperature will go straight to half way when the engine is switched on. However recently it is starting on completely cold and warming up 10 to 15 minutes into the journey... Is this normal?

The third issue is a weird buzzing noise but having read some posts I think it's to do with the climate control so I'm not too alarmed by that anymore.

Would love some advice thanks guys

Hi!
1 might be the gearbox mounts, but it might also be the gearbox bearings..listen for any noises while cruising in 5th or 6th.

2 The engine does take a few minutes to warm up, and it does depend a lot on the outside temperatures. Mine also takes 5-10 minutes to get to the middle(operating temperature) but once it's there, it stays there.

Hi!
1 might be the gearbox mounts, but it might also be the gearbox bearings..listen for any noises while cruising in 5th or 6th.

2 The engine does take a few minutes to warm up, and it does depend a lot on the outside temperatures. Mine also takes 5-10 minutes to get to the middle(operating temperature) but once it's there, it stays there.

Thanks I'll give it a listen and probably get it down to a garage. how much should it cost replace the mount/ bearings?

Back