Technical Jumping/kangerooing/bumpy

Currently reading:
Technical Jumping/kangerooing/bumpy

carlh

Hi, I have a 2004 fiat punto 1.2 8v active and I have been trying to cure the the bumpy, unsmooth rides. I have changed a buggeres gearbox mount, clean throttle body, replaced spark plugs and ht leads all of which have made slight difference, however it is still jumpy especially at low revs and unsmooth. I am going to try putting injector cleaner in next, what else could this be??? My last oil change was over a year ago, should this be next and is it easy to change the fuel filter?

Help!!

stay away from redex! :mad:

if you're going to use any fuel cleaner use Forte Petrol Saver :)

i'd also do the oil change straight away too, old oil is never good for an engine (n)

good luck

I have bought STP petrol injector cleaner, is this no good?!

I will do the oil change tomorrow and no I haven't changed the coil packs is it easy and necessary?

when my car was jumpy i just changed coil packs and it was normal after that, its easy to replace, better to get scrapyard ones and just put them in and return them if its same and if the problem is still there its not coil packs

Last edited:
when my car was jumpy i just changed coil packs and it was normal after that, its easy to replace, better to get scrapyard ones and just put them in and return them if its same and if the problem is still there its not coil packs

Scrap yards wont usually take items back, unless reciept says so

its a 2004, meaning its a mk2b
IS this ONLY when taking off and using the clutch?

If you were crawling while in gear and stamped on the throttle, does it lurch the same or is it smooth then?

Only reason i ask, there is a well known issue with mk2b's suffering with something called clutch judder, usually because an ill fitted part has been used
Either cheap quality - incorrect manufacturing etc etc or the clutch is Buggered

I had it when i brought my mk2b in 2012, i stuck a new clutch in there and its been peachy since

Ziggy

I don't think it's when taking of the clutch I'll have to check tomorrow, it's I just when holding a steady speed whilst driving more so at low revs or low gears. As for stamping on the throttle it used to jump but I have noticed it happen since changing my spark plugs and leads.

It does still jump when you stamp on the accelerator.

Would that redex make a difference?

Does anyone know if this could be the coil pack or clutch???

Are you even in the motor trade? Cause if you was you wouldn't be asking me to expand.

No, I never said I was did I? You seem to know why one product is better than the other, and I'm simply asking why.

Are you in the motor trade then? Do you care to share your wealth of knowledge and inform us why Fortè is better than redex - after all that is what forums are all about :)

No, I never said I was did I? You seem to know why one product is better than the other, and I'm simply asking why.

Are you in the motor trade then? Do you care to share your wealth of knowledge and inform us why Fortè is better than redex - after all that is what forums are all about :)

Yep, I do work in the motor trade. The amount of cars ive had recently thats had the redex treatment, are in bad shape, one customers car a peugeot 306 was lumpy as heck smoked more than a diesel engine! And i own a diesel engine car. Chucked in Fortè fuel treatment gave it a good blast and it was right as day afterwards, should of seen the amount of smoke it gave off. Customer had used Redex fuel treatment in the past. I always recommend customers to use Fortè over mainstream brands.

Of course, I can only advice wherever customer takes that advice or not is another matter.

Back