Technical Juddering - fuel starvation?

Currently reading:
Technical Juddering - fuel starvation?

Wizza

Started having some weird problem with my car and really don't know what it is..

About three weeks ago my car started juddering when I tried to put some power on. This was followed by the engine management light coming on - and still juddering. The car drives great if you dont put much acceleration on but the second you do it judders and jumps.

I called the AA out and they put the comp onto it and it revealed injector 1 and 3 open circuit. So he suggested changing the injectors. I changed the two injectors and ran some injector treatment through, yet no real results. I also gave it a service and still nothing.. The engine management light goes off sometimes but soon re appears.

I feel as if it is like fuel starvation but just have no idea.. anyone help?

Well I took it to a garage for them to run diagnostics and they came up with the same problem.. The only thing I can think of is taking it to an actual fiat dealer and seeing if they can sort it out for me, which means big money...

Some stilos have a dual mass flywheel dont know if yours is one of them but when it is on its way out thats the effect you get.

Isn't dual mass flywheels fitted to diesels? Mines the 1.6 petrol...

I had a mass air flow sensor failure, this made the car hesitant (occasional judder) together with engine error immediately on start up..

Back