Technical JTD (115) Tuning Boxes. Owner Fitted Opinions

Currently reading:
Technical JTD (115) Tuning Boxes. Owner Fitted Opinions

Shadey, as I said, its open for offers, so I dont think anyone would buy it for £395.
The best price multi channel I have found is £250.

The Chip express is claiming an increase between 141 bhp & 161. I would expect a remap on a 115 bhp standard stilo to offer a similar max performance improvement.

The sub £100 box I have seen only claim up to 140bhp. Unless I am mistaken.

Dave, I will ask TMC how much his costs if he does one, good idea!

If any one knows of a multi channel that costs less than £250 let me know.

I dont think anyone buys these for £395 as you can put in a best offer.

Search for synergy tuning 2b in google(y)

I've been using the Kingquick classic tuning box for about 4 years (60k miles). It claimed to increase the power from 115 to 140, and a very noticeable improvement in torque made my old 5 door a much better drive. Fuel consumption was also improved by 2 or 3 mpg - I check it regularly and have been averaging 46 - 48 mpg (trip normally indicates 2mpg higher) Never noticed any smoke even under heavy acceleration.
Have just traded the 5 door for an MW - the box will be fitted this weekend

Looking at Kingquicks website the latest classic box is now fully adjustable @ £169 and they also do a digital version @£199, but they are reliable and do what it says on the can.

Have a look on ebay, theres an Alfa GT 1.9 JTD one for £80, I'm pretty convinced it would fit any of the Fiat/Alfa diesels, but might be worth checking with Ian at kingquick

I had a look at the Kingquick, their premium box, I dont think its a multichannel that can tune boost too. So I think its a bit expensive for £200.

http://kingquick.co.uk/store/Fiat-Stilo-1.9-JTD-115-Diesel-Tuning-Unit-U1876.html

I also had a browse on the TMC website & his multichannel is £299.

The way I see it, the digital common rail box should cost below £100. The multi channel is the same, just with the option to tune turbo boost. 2 boxes in one, so to speak. So in my mind, I would say 2 channels at £100 each gives £200. This sounds like a fair price to pay for it.

So I think I am going for the synergy 2b with boost control plus a dash mounted switch which gives 3 settings - Off - Eco - Max

Total price £226.45

The website does not specify the 1.9 JTD 8V 115bhp, but I gave them a call
& they say then can supply for this vehicle.

http://tuning-diesels.com/index2n.htm

Last edited:
I had a look at the Kingquick, their premium box, I dont think its a multichannel that can tune boost too. So I think its a bit expensive for £200.

http://kingquick.co.uk/store/Fiat-Stilo-1.9-JTD-115-Diesel-Tuning-Unit-U1876.html

I also had a browse on the TMC website & his multichannel is £299.

The way I see it, the digital common rail box should cost below £100. The multi channel is the same, just with the option to tune turbo boost. 2 boxes in one, so to speak. So in my mind, I would say 2 channels at £100 each gives £200. This sounds like a fair price to pay for it.

So I think I am going for the synergy 2b with boost control plus a dash mounted switch which gives 3 settings - Off - Eco - Max

Total price £226.45

The website does not specify the 1.9 JTD 8V 115bhp, but I gave them a call
& they say then can supply for this vehicle.

http://tuning-diesels.com/index2n.htm

Thats the same set up as me, my clutch cant actually cope with many of the higher settings( Multijet 150). I just have it set to eco most of the time, seems too work well of daily driving but no real gain in mpg but no loss either

I don't think you understand what people are trying to tell you on here mate, and also trying to help you the same time. You will be wasting your money for completely no need as both of them do exactly the same thing and there will be no difference between both boxes. Yes it might say otherwise on the ones on eBay, but if you notice every box sais different bhp and there all the same boxes and do the same thing.

Just to make things easier for less than £100 you can get a tuning box and every one of them is the same. Or you can spend £200 and have your car professionally remapped.

Me pesonally and a lot of others on here have chooses the £100 tuning boxes as it costs less to start but not only that, it has really close the same performance but the difference is you can pull it off whenever you want.

Just trying to give some advice at the end of the day and personal experiences.

I don't think you understand what people are trying to tell you on here mate, and also trying to help you the same time. You will be wasting your money for completely no need as both of them do exactly the same thing and there will be no difference between both boxes. Yes it might say otherwise on the ones on eBay, but if you notice every box sais different bhp and there all the same boxes and do the same thing.

Just to make things easier for less than £100 you can get a tuning box and every one of them is the same. Or you can spend £200 and have your car professionally remapped.
How do you manage to arrive at that conclusion chris? Have you skipped a few threads without reading?

Some of us are talking about multi channel boxes.
1st channel - Tunes supply of fuel, same as your sub £100 box
2nd channel - Tunes turbo boost, not the same as your sub £100 box

And no I dont want a remap, because yes, I understand you can pull the box off when you want.

Last edited:
The best of the sub £100 boxes IMO are:

Itailianspeed
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chip-Tuning-Power-Box-Common-Rail-italianSPEED-digital-/290439084471

Diesel Express
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIESEL-TUNING-PERFORMANCE-BOX-CHIP-FIAT-JTD-/400059115391

I've only ever seen one multi-channel box, it did give slightly more power than the sub £100 boxes but wasn't worth the extra £290 IMO.

Diesel Tuning UK
http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=1

I think sub £100 boxes are a great upgrade for any diesel. If extra money is available then a remap is far better for the car and your wallet IMO.

However, bearing in mind the new MOT laws due this year perhaps multi-channel tuning boxes are about to become very popular as they can be removed on MOT day, reprogrammed when you buy a new car and sold on if no longer required.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi, we stopped making single channel tuning kits about a year ago, all kits are now multi channel, forum members get a 20% discount effectively saving the vat, so you pay £299 all in instead of £299 +vat. Cheers

O well how the hell can you control the boost from the common rail, as that is where you connect the box to. That can only control the fuel pressure

Very abrupt answer Chris but ok if you have a look at our website FAQ's it explains in great detail, the name 'multi channel' should give it away, it connects to more than just the fuel rail, its also connected to the turbo pressure sensor to control boost pressure as well as fuelling ;)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I had mine set to 6 most of the time but the settings do seem to be individual to each car.

I installed the tuning box on my daughters car(same engine) and it prefered setting 7.

I now have a remap, actually I have 7(8 including the original) that all do different things. I'm able to install which ever one I like in less than a minute via the OBDII port using a Galletto cable.

Back